power steering.hydraulic hose.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Big Eb
My Cars: Citroen Xantia Estate,2000,2.0 hdi 110 rhz

power steering.hydraulic hose.

Post by Big Eb »

Good afternoon.
I have a left hand drive,Year 2000 Mk 1 Xantia estate 2.0 hdi 110. the problem i have is i'm after the bottom hydraulic steering hose which as you look at engine,it's the one that comes by the wheel arch along the bottom of engine which then goes from normal micro pipe to a much thicker rubber hose which is a, machine made seal either end ,then back to micro pipe[brake pipe size] ,up the front of the engine and across then fits into pump,does anyone have or know where i could get one.
Many thanks Eb
CitroenCrazy
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2000 Xantia Estate Exclusive, HDi
1999 Xantia Estate Exclusive, HDi,
C6 2.2 Manual
They're the modern ones.....

Re: power steering.hydraulic hose.

Post by CitroenCrazy »

Hi Eb
This is a very common problem, at least on RHD cars, and new ones are no longer available through Citroen. Anyway, even if they were available new, I've no idea how you'd go about fitting one; a RHD version is about 3 metres long and traverses the engine bay twice.

The usual solution is to repair the old one, which can sometimes be done on the car, without removing the whole pipe.

Edit.....
I've been meaning to do a quick summary on Xantia power steering pipes for a little while and your post has pushed me to do it - see the next thread in the list.
Hope it helps :-)
Big Eb
My Cars: Citroen Xantia Estate,2000,2.0 hdi 110 rhz

Re: power steering.hydraulic hose.

Post by Big Eb »

Hi thanks for your reply,mine had a small hole right on the bend where it goes from metal to the rubber pipe at so looked awkward to repair.other option is to see if i can get one made up.