207CC GT EML AND ANTI-POLLUTION ISSUES

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Tiberius
My Cars: Peugot 207cc GT (2008)
Peugot 505SR (1980)

207CC GT EML AND ANTI-POLLUTION ISSUES

Post by Tiberius »

Hello. I have a peugot 207cc gt (2008). 5 days ago i had the eml and anti-pollution lights appear and also the fan came on after i turned off the ignition and stayed on for about 5 minutes, so i took the car to the garage. They replaced the heat sensor and injectors. The car drove beautifully after with no problems.

Today i had both eml and anti-pollution appear again with the same fan problem. Can anyone advise me on what the real problem is please??

I had a new timing chain, coils and sparkplugs done about a month ago.
Last edited by Tiberius on 10 Oct 2020, 00:18, edited 2 times in total.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: EML AND ANTI-POLLUTION ISSUES

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You'll need to get it diagnosed with ideally a Lexia kit - or a decent diagnostic tool and post the codes up. This should of been done by your last garage before undertaking any repairs - otherwise you will be replacing parts needlessly as you have just found out it appears.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Tiberius
Peugot 505SR (1980)

Re: 207CC GT EML AND ANTI-POLLUTION ISSUES

Post by Tiberius »

They did a diagnostic and it came up with P1336, P1337 and P1339.
Last edited by Tiberius on 10 Oct 2020, 00:23, edited 1 time in total.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok and your VIN please... (automatically masked from public view on submission).

Marc
Tiberius
Peugot 505SR (1980)

Post by Tiberius »

VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

I think its an ep6dt engine
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes, you have the 1.6 THP 16V 150 EP6DT engine on this one. So looking at these specific faults, you can see all the suspect areas are the same for each. The last 2 fault codes specify cylinders 1 and 3 respectively for misfiring and P1336 is non cylinder-specific, but the same fault.

So I would first have to query the job you had done originally when you had the coil pack done / timing. Where cheap parts used (especially if these were from Euro Car Parts) and was the timing done correctly?

Anyway, you have a few pointers to go on, but don't leave it as you can see whilst these faults are active and in downgrade mode, it's not doing your catalytic converter any good.
Fault Code: P1336

Description of Fault: Combustion misfiring on unspecified cylinders fault: Not characterised, Ignition misfiring (Catalytic converter damage level).

Conditions for Fault to clear: Stop the engine and restart, in order to re-inject into the cylinders cut off following the detection of ignition misfirings.

Downgrade Modes whilst Fault is active: Deactivation of the richness regulation, Cutting of cylinders if fault persistent, Deactivation of checking of the canister purge.

Symptoms: Starting problem, Unstable idling, Lack of power, Engine hesitation, Emissions outside the norms, Excessive fuel consumption, Idle speed too high

Suspect Areas: Sparking plugs, Fuel injector, Electrical harness, Engine ECU, Ignition coil.
Fault Code: P1337

Description of Fault: Combustion misfiring on cylinder 1 fault: Not characterised - Cylinder 1 misfirings (Possibility of damage to the catalytic converter).

Conditions for Fault to clear: Stop the engine and restart, in order to re-inject into the cylinders cut off following the detection of ignition misfirings

Downgrade Modes whilst Fault is active: Deactivation of the richness regulation, Cutting of injection on cylinders N° 1, Deactivation of checking of the canister purge.

Symptoms: Starting problem, Unstable idling, Lack of power, Engine hesitation, Emissions outside the norms, Excessive fuel consumption, Idle speed too high.

Suspect Areas: Sparking plugs, Fuel injector, Electrical harness, Engine ECU, Ignition coil
Fault Code: P1339

Description of Fault: Misfiring fault on cylinders 3: Not characterised - Cylinder 3 misfirings (Possibility of damage to the catalytic converter).

Conditions for Fault to clear: Stop the engine and restart, in order to re-inject into the cylinders cut off following the detection of ignition misfirings.

Downgrade Modes whilst Fault is active: Deactivation of the richness regulation, Cutting of injection on cylinders N° 3, Deactivation of checking of the canister purge.

Symptoms: Starting problem, Unstable idling, Lack of power, Engine hesitation, Emissions outside the norms, Excessive fuel consumption, Idle speed too high.

Suspect Areas: Sparking plugs, Fuel injector, Electrical harness, Engine ECU, Ignition coil

Marc
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

I have read that where these misfire fault codes appear simultaneously on a pair of cylinders (even or odd) that there is a good chance that the cam timing has slipped. This could be due to incorrect work done when the timing chain was replaced.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

xantia_v6 wrote: 10 Oct 2020, 09:55 I have read that where these misfire fault codes appear simultaneously on a pair of cylinders (even or odd) that there is a good chance that the cam timing has slipped. This could be due to incorrect work done when the timing chain was replaced.
I find on this engine when there is a timing chain issue it normally logs cam sensor related faults too.
Tiberius
Peugot 505SR (1980)

Post by Tiberius »

Thanks for all the replies! I had the timing chain, coils and plugs done by the Peugot dealer at a cost of £1300. They also suggested that I needed a new high pressure fuel pump (£900) which, after reading up on it on google and taking into account the codes I had (I also have a diagnostic tool), seemed to be a bit far-fetched. So I took it to a highly recommended garage where the mechanics are old-school and they did a diagnostic which had the same fault codes as above. They didn't jump to conclusions and did a full-on investigation to try and find the root of the problem. They then put it through an mot checking the emissions and that came up clear. So that helped them narrow down the possible faults. They fitted a new heat sensor and replaced 2 injectors (to save me money) as, with the prince engine, they weren't too sure which cylinder was which. Apparently this engine has it's cylinders back-to-front or something? I'll print out what you all have said and take the car back to them on Monday.