Engine hesitation Peugeot 508

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Nikita031
My Cars: Peugeot 508 BlueHdi 2.0 150PS

Engine hesitation Peugeot 508

Post by Nikita031 »

Hi All,

Hope you are all well in these turbulent times. There is something odd with my 2016 Peugeot 2.0 BlueHdi 110kW/150 PS. There is an engine hesitation, like a very slight jerking or twitching when accelerating gradually. This happens in 3rd gear only at 2300-2500 rpm. There is no such case in any other gear or at any other speed. If I push a pedal more aggressively, the hesitation does not occur. This hesitation can be described as a loss of power, twitching back and forth, but very gently like I when crossing over a slightly bumpy road. As soon as I reach more than 2500 rpm, the hesitation disappears. I can feel this no matter if the car is cold or no. Even if I drive at high speed on the highway for 2 hours, the issue occurs again if I accelerate gradually. It does not seem to be a serious issue, but it is still annoying. Clutch and DMF are new, I've replaced them 5,000km ago. Any ideas?
scotcruz
My Cars: Citroen C4 1.6Hdi

Re: Engine hesitation Peugeot 508

Post by scotcruz »

I have similar issues which I am troubleshooting.

To narrow down the areas of focus, you need to do a scan and see what codes are showing up.

Have you check the MAF sensor (near air filter) or the MAP sensor in the air intake manifold?

Few things to check as a starting point.
Nikita031
My Cars: Peugeot 508 BlueHdi 2.0 150PS

Post by Nikita031 »

Hey Scot. Sorry for the delay. I have not started the troubleshooting yet. A few days ago I've noticed slight jerking in 4th gear and that was the first time that it happened in that gear. So I will start from MAF and MAP sensors. I know where MAF is, but where is MAP located on my engine? Can I use MAF spray cleaner for MAP too?
derekbarclay78
New User
My Cars: Peugeot 508 1.6tdi mk1
Citroen c6

Post by derekbarclay78 »

Any more on this issue I'm having same problems