406 V6 Coupe Immo delete and BSI?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Owelly
My Cars: Various flavours for V6 engined things...

406 V6 Coupe Immo delete and BSI?

Post by Owelly »

Begging for a wiring diagram didn't work for me so now I've belled each wire, and I'm confident I have the wiring sorted.
Next thing: I'm using the standard Bosch ECU but I don't have the transponder/key. I have the clocks but no looms to use them. I have the BSI, but I'm hoping to lob it in the bin.
If I get the ECU immobiliser deleted, the engine will run, but can I just bin the BSI? Without the BSI, will the ECU ping EML/MIL?
Who is best to use for such work?
Thanks in advance.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: 406 V6 Coupe Immo delete and BSI?

Post by GiveMeABreak »

In a normal setup, the BSI exchanges data with the engine ECU and the transponder chip in the key fobs via the steering wheel control module - these are a matched set.

Although you can have the BSI and Engine ECUs 'virginised', it is my understanding that you still have to pair these up with an initial code - one will not work without the other. If the handshaking does not take place, the engine ECU will not authorise the starting of the engine. That won't happen without a BSI or the codes being sent to and from the Control Module under the Steering wheel that reads the transponder chip and sends the data to the BSI, which then talks to the engine ECU and back again.

I don't think I saw the other post you are referring to, but assume from this post you are attempting something non-conventional.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

You can have the eeprom in the ECU reflashed to delete the immobiliser function completely meaning it’s always unlocked and effectively ‘plug & play’. If its just virginised then it has to be programmed with the immobiliser code.
One thing to bear in mind is that some info the ECU uses comes from other ECU’s (via the BSI). Eg the road speed info comes from the ABS system, the ECU needs this to adjust fuelling correctly and without the BSI present there is a high chance this may not transmit on the CAN.
Owelly

Post by Owelly »

Thanks for the replies guys.
There seems to be a road speed input to the ECU directly from the sensor on the diff housing. I can't find another input from the ABS unit, but that could be via the BSI unit.
I guess I'll just have to get the immo deleted from the ECU and see what happens!
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

The road speed info is transmitted from the ABS on the CAN so there wont be a separate wire.
If the ECU still has the old input pin then then you could fit a road speed sensor in the diff as there is normally a blanking plug, just check the plastic drive in the diff is present as its not always there if there is no sensor fitted.
I was just saying about all this as there will be lots of other things that may not work or work correctly without a BSI.

EDIT: just read your other post & see your fitting it in a buggy, you wont really be bothered about comfort features like A/C then ? 🤣
In that case it shouldn’t be too bad, gett the immo deleted off the ECU and away you go.
If your handy enough programs like immokiller can do this.
Owelly

Post by Owelly »

There was a time when I would roll up my sleeves and fire up the soldering iron, but my shaky hands and failing eyesight means I'll have to admit defeat before I start!!
Some blokes are offering the service for £30, others £80. A couple want £165+...
Any recommendations?