New boy on the block tool

Yes, place your time and money saving tips here.Nothing illegal or dangerous please!Motoring related only please.

Moderator: RichardW

jml
Locked user account
My Cars: A brilliant C8 2.2 HDi 173

Re: New boy on the block tool

Post by jml »

Subsonicnat wrote: 13 May 2019, 11:44 Well, As Promised The turn Handle Socket Tool. With Pictures.
Bought it in the end,But the Guy Gave me the sockets that would spesificaly undo the starter Bolt,which some have had difficulty with..
chap changed mine from the top of the engine,So hopefully not going to be useing it in the very near future.

I’ve only just seen this post and thought I might have something useful to add.

I too have a wrench like this and it’s made by Draper who, I think, used to have a very good reputation but have more recently seemed to chase lower cost rather than high quality. Anyway, when I first saw it, like others here, I thought what a brilliant idea and bought one.

What a disappointment ! Unless the nut is already VERY loose, the rotating action of the tool won’t move it at all. Because of this, I’ve hardly used it at all.

Sadly disappointing:(

Cheers

Julian
Julian Leyton (RIP) 2023
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

jml wrote: 01 Oct 2020, 06:36 I too have a wrench like this and it’s made by Draper who, I think, used to have a very good reputation but have more recently seemed to chase lower cost rather than high quality.
Draper used to have two distinct ranges of tools Julian... Ones made of French cheese and total rubbish and a range that was almost acceptable in quality and could actually be used in anger... The difference in quality between the two ranges was night and day...

The latter is/was known as Draper Expert...

Even then I've managed to shatter quite a large Expert Torx bit...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Subsonicnat
My Cars: Xsara picasso exclusive 2.0 hdi MPV 2004

Post by Subsonicnat »

As With all tools you buy mate, Suck it and see,,, If no good goes in the Bin.
was only bought for Later on when the item is loose,not reallly for massive Torque,and putting back hard to "Start" bolts..Manifolds a typical example ..