Horn, headlamp and stop lamps not working

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Leonard_Wright
My Cars: Citroen C3 Picasso

Previously
Citroen AX
Citroen Saxo

Horn, headlamp and stop lamps not working

Post by Leonard_Wright »

Hi

My 59 plate C3 picasso just failed its MoT :(

The Stop lamps are not working at all
Headlamp not working on dipped beam nearside
Horn not working

Could this be 1 electrical issue and just a blown fuse?

I'm also p*ssed as got a new clutch fitted month ago and afterwards I found oil on the ground. The garage said the driveshaft seal was leaking and so they replaced that for me as well. So I have an advisory of a minor oil leak
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Horn, headlamp and stop lamps not working

Post by wheeler »

I doubt its a single blown fuse causing this and i would initially investigate the faults individually.
I might be stating the obvious but since you havent mentioned it have you checked the bulbs of the lights that are not working? All the brake light bulbs could have failed over a period of time very close to each other.
Can you hear a relay clicking when you press the horn.
Leonard_Wright

Previously
Citroen AX
Citroen Saxo

Post by Leonard_Wright »

I'm not convinced its the bulbs on the back all gone but possibly worth a check.

Horn there is absolutely no sound what so ever

What I don't know if its a coincidence that everything was working before I had the clutch replaced and the garage moaned about it being the worse clutch setup they'd ever done (it took them 12 hours rather than usual 4 for most other cars) as Citroen left milimeters gaps and this is possibly why the driveshaft seal started leaking and I had them replace. But could electrics have been damaged at the same time?
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

Could be the brake switch given up the ghost, best part of 11 years if original, does it have high level brake light ?
Headlight bulb yes they can go at MOT, been there done that lol
Horn maybe a fuse or wires damaged when clutch being done, unsure of routing of wires
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Leonard_Wright wrote: 29 Sep 2020, 09:24 I'm not convinced its the bulbs on the back all gone but possibly worth a check.
It's definitely worth a check, you would kick yourself if you wasted time messing about to find out it was bulbs all along. It would always be my first port of call, it means you can then check for a feed & check the condition of the bulb holders .
Leonard_Wright

Previously
Citroen AX
Citroen Saxo

Post by Leonard_Wright »

brake switch definately had gone and the front was just simple bulb and horn had got damp in. MoT all done for another year. Its the advisories that will be expensive front brake discs that I only got done 2 years ago and front tyre. The guy who fixed my car to get it through the MoT found the oil leak is the driveshaft seal fitted 2 weeks ago is faulty .
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

Congrats on finding the issues and getting it through its MOT :)