Auto Doc - A word of warning

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

DHallworth
Donor 2023
My Cars:

Auto Doc - A word of warning

Post by DHallworth »

Good afternoon, all!

If anybody is considering ordering parts from AutoDoc, I'd strongly advise against it as when you have problems, their customer service is non existent and they will never refund the entire cost of your order!

On 12th May I ordered 2 new height sensors for my Range Rover. Upon fitting them to the car and following the correct tightening procedure as per the workshop manual, both sensors broke.

It turns out that the body of the height sensor stood proud of the mounting points which meant that they snapped when tightened. You can quite clearly see this when using a straight edge across the sensor in the images below:
Height Sensor 1.jpg
Height Sensor 2.jpg
After discussing this with the supplier they asked me to return the items to them using a prepaid shipping label. I packed the items and took them to the post office and 8 weeks later received an email stating that my claim had been accepted and that they'd be refunding my money.
Screenshot 2020-09-18 at 16.27.20.png
5 days later I got a message from PayPal advising that I'd received a partial refund from Autodoc. When looking, the refund was £8.43 short of the amount that I'd paid. I questioned this and have been told that because Autodoc had to pay a courier to deliver the faulty items they sent me they won't be refunding the entire amount.
Screenshot 2020-09-15 at 14.24.15.png
So... in a nutshell, THEY send me parts that are quite clearly flawed, I then go out of my way to provide the packaging and make a trip to the Post Office to return the parts but they withhold the cost of postage from the refund.
Screenshot 2020-09-18 at 16.19.46.png
It has taken me months to get to the point of actually getting a refund and now they are refusing to refund the cost of postage. Admittedly, it's less then £10, but it's the principle that stinks. Especially as it took them over 2 WEEKS to deliver the items to me in the first place!

I'd love to say this was the first issue I'd had with Autodoc but I've received broken parts from them in the past as well.

Buyers, be warned!

David.
'98 Xantia Activa V6 :-D
'00 XM V6 Exclusive
'09 C5 2.7 HDi Exclusive
‘10 C5 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'12 C6 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'15 C4 BlueHDi Feel
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024
My Cars: 70+ former cars (list available) including 11 Citroens, 3 Renaults
Current cars: 2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SEn, 1994 Mazda MX3

Re: Auto Doc - A word of warning

Post by mickthemaverick »

Thanks for the heads up on that David, I for one will not be buying from them. :)
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

That's a bit mean and cheeky of them David :twisted: I've recently bought and taken delivery of some AX brake drums and wheel bearings from them...

They look OK but until I try to fit them I'll not know...

One thing I was not happy about was how they delivered my parcel to a neighbour but never told me about it. I only knew when my neighbour staggered up to me clutching a heavy box!

That may be the courtier rather than Autodoc though...

I'll be very circumspect about using them in future.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
ksanturion10
My Cars: Xantia Estate X1 1.8i, 16v

Post by ksanturion10 »

In one of my purchases they've send me wrong rear corner spheres, actually more expensive, than the ones I've ordered, but I think they refunded them fully - I always go for the free delivery, so they didn't have to refund such. The bad thing was, that when the time has come to order again, with the refunded amount, the prices of the initial spheres were doubled, so being a cheap arse, as many on this forum :peaceman:, I had to order for the same amount, but with lower quality - and this sucks really :D.
Still its quite a gesture, that they took them back, as anything can happen on the way back, and you can't prove, that the eventual damage is not done by you. In the case of a part, that has been damaged during the assembly, and nevertheless it is a wrong one, here you won't get a refund even in a non-online seller (car parts shop) - so I would be glad in that particular situation, hence the delivery expenses.
Don't have an affiliation with them, despite you can think the opposite from my posts :D.
Have done several orders, and generally the price-to-quality ratio is quite good in my view.

BR
Martin
Only himself the stupid makes wrong, many are being confused by the clever :P
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Most sellers say in their sales info that return postage has to be paid by the buyer, it's against the distance selling regulations even for 'change of mind' returns for the first fourteen days but it's disregarded and brushed aside if you challenge it.

Most people can't be bothered to make a big fuss for such a small amount of money so they get away with it.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
ksanturion10

Post by ksanturion10 »

I'm rereading your post, and actually they've sent me free return protocol, because the mistake was theirs. But I made sure, that the spheres were in the exact condition I've received them.
DHallworth
Donor 2023
My Cars:

Post by DHallworth »

Well, after sending AUTODOC the link to 6 forums and screenshots to several posts on Facebook, they have agreed to refund the cost of postage on the faulty items that they sent me.

It’s not the value of it that bothers me, it’s less then a tenner, it’s the principle. If I’d ordered the wrong parts then it would be my fault, they’ve sent me faulty parts which have been accepted back as a warranty claim.

Anyway, end of, I won’t be using them again.
'98 Xantia Activa V6 :-D
'00 XM V6 Exclusive
'09 C5 2.7 HDi Exclusive
‘10 C5 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'12 C6 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'15 C4 BlueHDi Feel
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024
My Cars: 70+ former cars (list available) including 11 Citroens, 3 Renaults
Current cars: 2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SEn, 1994 Mazda MX3

Post by mickthemaverick »

It's a shame that you had to go to those lengths to get your fully justified refund, but maybe it will make them more aware that their potential customer base is not daft and so it may make them pull their socks up!! Still All's well...........etc. :)
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
ksanturion10

Post by ksanturion10 »

DHallworth wrote: 23 Sep 2020, 22:15 If I’d ordered the wrong parts then it would be my fault, they’ve sent me faulty parts which have been accepted back as a warranty claim.
Good that they took back the broken parts and refunded them fully =D>
Yesterday received doubled prices of some items I wanted to buy from a local shop, well guess I will have to go again for the free delivery :roll:
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I'll report more fully on them soon as I've just ordered a whole stash of parts for Daffodil :)

They are very keenly priced...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
ksanturion10

Post by ksanturion10 »

Yes, but it will be better if you receive your parcel at your door, this time :roll:
:wink:
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

ksanturion10 wrote: 25 Sep 2020, 12:32 Yes, but it will be better if you receive your parcel at your door, this time :roll:
:wink:
Yes! Very true ;) Fingers crossed [-o<
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I've now used them twice and in general I'm very satisfied with them...

Having said that, I've not had to return anything as yet...
Jim