Error P2562

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

JJense67

Error P2562

Post by JJense67 »

Goodmorning,

I have a DS3 2013 and since a couple of days I have a motormanagement error. After reading it concerns a 'Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor A Circuit' warning. Can anybody give me some information how to fix this? I don't have any black smoke, no loss of power or what so ever. Many thanks.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Error P2562

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Pop your VIN up so I can determine the exact engine and injection system you have first of all, as the codes can be different for each system.

JJense67

Post by JJense67 »

Hi Marc, my VIN is VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]. Thanks in advance! Jeroen

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Okay so you have the DV6DTED engine with Bosch injection and engine ECU.

Here are the fault descriptors for this code that may give you some pointers:

Fault code: P2562
Fault Description: Turbocharger: Position incorrect relative to requirement, not enough turbo. The position measured is greater than the reference by more than 20 % for 4 seconds.
Conditions for activation of the fault:
- engine running
- Engine speed between 1500 and 4000 rpm

Conditions of disappearance of the fault: Driving for 5 minutes
Down-grade modes when fault present: None
Warning lamp and/or warning message: Warning lamp MIL
Symptoms: Noise, Smoke from the exhaust, Lack of power, Loss of braking.
Suspect Areas: Turbocharger, Turbocharger fixed geometry control electrovalve, Turbocharger fixed geometry position repeat sensor, EGR exchanger with bypass, EGR exchanger bypass control solenoid valve, vacuum pump, Electrical harnesses.