2015 308 Strange jump in service indicator mileage

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

2015 308 Strange jump in service indicator mileage

Post by Paul-R »

Strange occurrence with our Peugeot 308. On our trip down through France the warning for the next service interval started to show on the display. I was fairly sure that there was plenty of mileage left before next service due before we set out and so have been out now to get the figures.

According to the service record booklet I changed the oil, etc, last October 10th at 62,353 miles. The odometer is now showing 67677 which is only 5624 miles since the service. The warning says that service is due in 1600 miles which would make it a total of 7224 miles - a lot less than the maximum 15,600 miles. It also can't be anything to do with the date, surely, as that is still two months away.

Has anyone come across this sort of jump before? Could it be that the oil has deteriorated somehow? I'm aware that there is some kind of "goodness" determinator for the oil but is it an actual sensor or just something that is calculated counting short journeys and the like?

Some other possibly relevant factors. The fuel consumption hasn't been as good coming down through France as I thought it should be. But then again I've had to travel faster at some times to make up for lost time and late starts. I've dipped the oil and it's not showing over full. It does seem to be down on power as well. There's also a small roof box which won't help aerodynamics.

I changed one of the injectors last month and had to go in with the Diagbox to alter the code for it. While I was there I had a good look around at various things but I'm pretty sure that I didn't change the service interval or anything like that.

Opinions, anyone? Answers?
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: 2015 308 Strange jump in service indicator mileage

Post by myglaren »

Not a jump but mine could only be set to about 7,000 miles for a while. As I change my oil and filters at around 7,000 miles anyway it wasn't really a concern so ignored it.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I'm assuming there was no SERVICE light on at the same time as the maintenance indicator / spanner?

If not I can only suggest incorrect service interval set, or possibly some other mileage-related system that is due for checking like the Adblue, or the additive / filter - which I know are due at 60k to 67k miles under 'arduous' driving conditions - but whether these are linked to the service light I can't say.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

When I was looking around with the Diagbox I checked the FAP and Eolys - both (relying on memory) have about 50k left. I filled the Adblue before leaving the UK. The service interval is set at 20km and arduous service wasn't ticked. No SERVICE lamp illuminated.

It's just as though it's due its next service soon. Very perplexing.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​