Peugeot 307cc diesel 2000 hdi 2007

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

malcolmmorris037
My Cars: Peugeot 307cc

Peugeot 307cc diesel 2000 hdi 2007

Post by malcolmmorris037 »

I have just bought this car, so decided to change the cambelt. I drove the car into the garage, put the roof up because I needed the wheel locking nut, but not the windows. I then proceeded to change the cambelt. When i tried to start the car nothing doing, I checked the marks I had made on the flywheel and camshaft which lined up ok. what I cannot understand is I now the roof wont work, the windows wont work, along with the petrol gauge, wipers, radio, headlights. I have checked all the fuses I can find and all seem ok, the car turns over ok but no life.
I have spoken to the Peugeot garage who cannot help, I have asked the local garage who checked my work and said the timing was off by 2 cogs and the engine has lost compression. I do not go along with this, but it still does not explain why i have lost all the electrics I have mentioned
Has anyone got any ideas
Thanks Malcolm Morris
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Peugeot 307cc diesel 2000 hdi 2007

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Sounds like you have disturbed the wiring / connectors near the engine fuse box / supplies area. The supplies also supply power to the BSI that operates a lot of the electrical equipment. If the car is turning over but not starting, that also may indicate the BSI not handshaking with the Engine ECU so it is not allowing it to start.

I would go over ALL the supplies fuses and electrical connections in and near the engine fuse box and supplies management.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
malcolmmorris037
My Cars: Peugeot 307cc

Re: Peugeot 307cc diesel 2000 hdi 2007

Post by malcolmmorris037 »

Thanks Marc will do