Wing mirror

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Steveo
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Citroen C5 Estate 2009

Wing mirror

Post by Steveo »

Hi all
I have read somewhere that you can get the wing mirror to dip to see the kerb when reversing on the C5 x7 is this correct? and can it be enabled using lexia or is it only on specific trim levels
Regards
Steve
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Re: Wing mirror

Post by bobins »

Only on some of the trim levels on the C5 X7. The function wasn't available across the whole range.
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Steveo wrote: 02 Aug 2020, 21:25 Hi all
I have read somewhere that you can get the wing mirror to dip to see the kerb when reversing on the C5 x7 is this correct? and can it be enabled using lexia or is it only on specific trim levels
Regards
Steve
The Electrochrome door mirrors that indexed in reverse gear were only available on exclusive models with Detection Pack 2, but the indexing in reverse gear function was removed from sometime in 2009 on.

This was because of European standards saying that when indexed, there was a possibility that a small child could not be seen by the driver at the rear of the car! Quite ridiculous considering that models with this system all had revering sensors anyway!

Furthermore, I mentioned a warning about this in another post to owners like me who do have this function, of the risk in losing it if you ever get your BSI software updated. The BSI update removes the options from being available.

I got mine put back on after I complained bitterly at the dealers - that this was a specific feature I wanted when I bought the car and told them that Europe can go and do one.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Steveo
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Citroen C5 Estate 2009

Post by Steveo »

Hi gentlemen
Thank you I will have to stick with what I have then
Thank you
Steve
Filberton

Post by Filberton »

Funny that, how they change rules. I was talking to a guy yesterday about that feature and he told me his brand new Audi and his Range Rover Evoque both have this Dipping mirror feature now. Ce la vie as our friends across the sea say 😀

Again It is odd as when I put the “speed camera alerts” on my RT4 I asked at the dealership why I get a sharp beep before the camera and a soft beep after. Citroen told me it is illegal to have speed camera warnings in France so the RT4 refers to “Hazard Areas” and a first beep as you enter (just before the cameras):and a soft beep as you leave the hazard area. This gets around the French laws so they can fiddle things to get round laws if they want. You’d think if they can do this for this they could give the mirror option to the driver or country.
After all, the on-board video Camera option defaults to 5mph but it can be changed to 70mph so technically you could watch a film whilst driving on the Motorway!! Why do they leave this daft option In but disable the mirror option. (In practice my mirrors for forward driving are set to view about a foot out from the car to the next lane to catch blind spot drivers so I would miss a child, except That for reversing they pull in to see the side of the car and rear bumper....exactly where a child might be! (I suspect the real reason might be cost (have you seen the price of these mirrors!,)

Ah well, gripe over...as they say “There’s nowt so queer as folk”

Mike
Current: C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDI Manual (2008)
C3 Puretech 1.2 Feel (2017)

Previous: Citroen C5 mk1 2.0 HDI,
Peugeots 407, 406, 406,205,309, 306 Meridian, 306 L, Peugeot 207L 1.4 manual (2003)
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There is a speed limitation that kicks in that will disable any video in motion over a set speed. My NG4 Navidrive system has a DVD player built in - but as soon as I reach a few MPH, the signal is blanked off - so I can hear the film but not watch it.

Yes my mirrors were nearly £1000 each at one time - prices are fluctuating all the time - I think they are a little cheaper now though - £725 each as of today!
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc