C8 immobilizer

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jcmoorr
My Cars: Citroen c8

C8 immobilizer

Post by Jcmoorr »

Hi all I drive a 2006 citroen c8 and whilst driving the car died out and wouldn't start again it brought up immobilizer fault on the mfd but after locking and unlocking it still wouldn't start but has went into economy mode, it was put on a computer but no fault codes came up. I have checked the wiring behind the glove box but all seem ok. Does anyone know how to bypass the immobilizer or if there is away to reset it
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: C8 immobilizer

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No, this can't be bypassed - it's integral to the engine management and the BSI.

The computer you using obviously is probably not up to the job. You need to get it on Lexia and look at the engine management ECU to see what is happening there when you try to start the engine.

You can try a BSI reset - which also contains the fob resychronisation procedure:

BSI Reset / Battery Disconnect / Reconnect Procedure

Also, if you have a spare fob, try that.

What is the state of the car battery - when was it last changed? Weak batteries can cause havoc, especially with the electronics.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Jcmoorr

Post by Jcmoorr »

Thanks bud I will try
Jcmoorr

Post by Jcmoorr »

Battery is good only a year or so old, tried spare key but no go also replaced the batteries in both keys since the problem occurred still no luck, waiting on a guy with the correct computer but he's fully booked and nobody else In my area has the correct software
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

It doesent actually sound like an immobiliser problem despite the message. The immobilizer only authorizes starting, once the engine has started the immobilizer chip is no longer needed. Once the engine is running you could snap the key off in the ignition & throw it away & the engine would stay running.
An immobilizer fault wont cause the engine to cut out while driving.
More likely the ECU or BSI has lost a power supply, Have you checked all the fuses both inside & under bonnet?