The F*** Word

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

doctle
My Cars: 2008 Laguna 1.5 DCi

The F*** Word

Post by doctle »

I was on the market for a 307 and I saw a Ford Ficus estate for silly money so it's mine. I serviced the car, changed the coolant etc and it runs ok, bit dead for 110 hp I thought. It's drinking diesel like a wino 32mpg. I suspect the fuel filter but research says it's hard to bleed so I'm looking for any tops. I scanned it with my DS150 only a couple of old faults about low battery and not charging, could be years old, I deleted them anyway.
Any suggestions welcome, thanks
Oh buggle
NewcastleFalcon

Re: The F*** Word

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Not sure if this is relevant to your car Doctle but some of the comments do rate it as being a successful method of doing a fuel filter change on a Focus Diesel. An agricultural mechanic along the street from me has a ford focus diesel and yes had terrible bother bleeding it. As ever make your own mind up about the vid, no endorsement as personally I have never tried the method shown.

Hope it helps

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

You might find storing away of this link may be useful reference should you come across the same problem my neighbour recently had with his Focus Diesel.

https://talkford.com/community/topic/21 ... the-seals/

It was regularly blowing off the leak off pipes just like the problem described in post 1 of the linked thread.

"The engine starts and runs fine but the leak off pressure seems too high. Leak off test seems ok at around 25-30ml on all injectors. Leak off pipe assembly replaced with new and filter changed. Still blowing off fuel around the leak off connectors on the injectors. local garage say it must be the pump."
The final post by user fisyyma hits the nail on the head.
Because in fact the leak off fuel, contrary to the opinion of some Ford mechanics, does not actually go back to the pump. It goes to a Venturi T-piece located in the return fuel line from the pump to the filter. It just so happens that the Venturi T-piece is bolted onto the pump which is probably the reason for the confusion.
What I found was that the leak off entry at the T-piece into the Venturi was blocked, resulting in a high pressure blowing off the leak off connectors on the injectors.. Took off the T-piece and a quick blow back through and a gentle probe with a blowtorch nozzle cleaning kit opened it up again.
REgards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
doctle
My Cars: 2008 Laguna 1.5 DCi

Post by doctle »

Thank you Mr Falcon that doesn't look too bad. I think his car is newer than my 06. A visit to the scrap yard is on the cards to get a primer. Shes not blowing off the leak off pipes just dead, my 1.4 HDi 207 would give it a run for it's money. I will get the primer change the filter and report back. My mechanic suggested I remove the gauze filter from the turbo oil pipe, he will do it for €300, on a €500 car, I think not!
Oh buggle