Mk1 Diesel BX off ebay. Vendor needs a kicking.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Mk1 Diesel BX off ebay. Vendor needs a kicking.

Post by fastandfurryous »

As some people may remember, there was an '85 Diesel BX off ebay that failed to have any bids on it. Time to get myself my first ever Hydro Citroen I thought! Contacted seller, and they were happy to part with it for a couple of tenners. Brilliant.
Arranged to be met at Camberley railway station, monday lunchtime. No problems so far. Emails from the vendor were being replied to within half an hour, and I had a home and mobile 'phone no. Brilliant.
Set off at stupid-o'clock on monday (yesterday) morning with a lift into the local (well, 8 miles away) station and a litre of LHM in my hand (it's leaking, possibly from the octopus). 3.5 hours of the delights of British rail, and waiting around for my 2 connections. (deep joy) On calling the seller to let her know what time I was going to be arriving, I get voicemail. Hmmm. not great. Landline? muchos ringing, but no answering. hmmmmm some more. Call voicemail back and leave message.
Get to Camberley, and call again. More voicemail. This is not looking good at all. An hour later, and an hour of nothing but voicemail, I give up. Back onto british rail, and go off to see a localish friend. Spend a day and a night with him, sending emails, leaving voicemail messages, etc. etc. Give up on the whole affair, back onto british rail, and back home again, without the car. Grrrrr [:(!][:(!][:(!]
I still have the litre of LHM, but no car to put it in. Arses.
So, jadejemma from ebay, if you're reading this, thanks very much for wasting 2 days of my time, and about £100. [:(!]
Maybe now I should try for a CX?
David.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Bad luck, some folks have no integrity, there are some TZDs on there again, they look tidy enough too, keep the LHM[:)]
Stewart
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

I hope you've given him a bad ebay rating....
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Unfortunately not able to, as this was not an ebay sale. I would dearly love to be able to give them a mahoosive negative rating. I was really looking forward to driving a PRN-Dashboard BX!
What I can't understand is what on earth the vendor is playing at. Usually if things go wrong with a sale, you can see what the problem is, or see how they are trying to fob you off with a pile of badly described scrap, but in this case, the vendor simply appears to have vapourised off the planet. Very odd.
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Thats unfortunate to hear mate, especially as it seemed like a car worth saving.
You never know maybe some totally rational personal emergency was occuring, shame but would be understandable.
If though you were being messed about then they are a right pain in the behind, I was messed from the sellers end of a car i put on e-bay quite badly, cost me time and money and very nearly a divorce due to argument with with about the whole thing. I feel for you.
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

A near-divorce over an ebay sale? eek. now that's serious. It's when I hear things like that I'm glad I'm single! [:D] I trust you managed to sort it out in the end?
I'm assuming in this case it has to have been some major emergency, as all of the previous contact was perfectly amicable and friendly. Still makes me mad that they couldn't have just told me there was a problem, or even just answer a phone call! Hey ho.
Had this car been any good at all it was going to be a first car for my sister. Start her off on a PRN-dash BX and she should be able to cope with just about anything![:D][:D]
Anyone else got a MK1 BX DTR they want shot of for cheeeeep?
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

yes it was a bit drastic. Was selling an Oldsmobile V8 on there, it was listed 3 times and 3 times i was messed and hassled by sellers that didnt turn up, didnt exsist or were just idiots. In the end i sold it locally and was happy. Problem was it was BIG and getting in the way by then. I hadnt been popular for buying and using it anyway, then it started costing time and money........................
Anyway, you never know you may suddenly hear fromthe seller with a plausible excuse.
Paulmi16
My Cars:

Post by Paulmi16 »

It might be worth seeing if it gets listed again.
Paul.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by fastandfurryous</i>

I was really looking forward to driving a PRN-Dashboard BX!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">I have yet to see one of these dashboards - any one got a photo?
Found one! Bloody hell its like Space 1999 meets Legoland compared with:
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

I like the original BX dashboard, but its a bugger if any of the light/wiper switches pack up. They don't seem to be available new from anywhere. Citroen dealers appeared to have stopped supplying them about 10 years ago - I tried to get replacements for my BX from a couple of Citroen dealers in about 1996 and they both tried to deny the old type facia had ever existed! Fortunately I found someone who was scrapping a series 1 BX and they let me remove the dashboard complete with working switches.
ghostrider
My Cars:

Post by ghostrider »

Hey Fastandfurryous,
If your still lookink for a Hydro BX I have a '93 estate, 132K, no tax or MOT now but should get MOT OK started it today for the first time in 6 months second turn of the key, 4 nearly new tyres and loads of BX bits you can have for not very much I live In N Yorks, if you're interested e-mail me and I'll give you more details
Pete
________
Vaporizer affiliate programs
Last edited by ghostrider on 22 Feb 2011, 06:02, edited 1 time in total.
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Hey Marty, if you think that's funky, you should see an early CX dash. They are absolutely fantastic. Bettered only by the 1985 BX GT "Digit" Dash. PRN with digital bits and pieces all over the place. There was one for sale a little while ago.. anyone hear anything about it?
Even the early visa was bizzare. I remember my mother had an early on in about 1986. All the controlls are on a pod about the same size and shape as a coke can, mounted on an off-stand. very very oddball indeed.
Ghostrider... you've got mail!
David.
weety
My Cars:

Post by weety »

hey i had that visa....that pod thing was brilliant..indicators, wipers lights it did the lot....most other cars had three stalks to do what citroen did with one
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

The visa, and GSA had those things, it was the PRN dash. It stood for something but i only remember 'pluit' which is rain obviously.
Something along the lines of being easy to control for conditions of rain, night and something else.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

PRN - Latin for "as required".
Use wipers "as required" - makes sense to me.