308 cc Drivers window recalibrationhoe do i do it?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stafford_Mart
My Cars: Peugeot 308 CC 1.6 GT THP 150 (2009) Silver

308 cc Drivers window recalibrationhoe do i do it?

Post by Stafford_Mart »

Hi guys,
One thing after another with my pain in the ass car at the moment.

I had the fuel pump done yesterday and the battery was disconnected for 24 hours. Today, coming home from work I opened the door, the window dropped the usual 1" but when I closed the door it didn't go up to the top. Opened the door again and used the switch but that took the window down but only an inch up

Struggled to get the window back up in small bursts.

Any thoughts on this? Is it today's heat 28℃, is the motor going or does it need calibrating after having battery off..

Any help much appreciated.

(Frustrated) 308 owner.
Mart.
doctle
My Cars: 2008 Laguna 1.5 DCi

Re: 308 cc Drivers window recalibrationhoe do i do it?

Post by doctle »

Sometimes you have to put a window fully diwn and fully up so it "learns" the position of the top and bottom
Oh buggle
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes, you need to reinitialise the windows and set the anti-pinch after a battery disconnection.

1) Release the switch and pull it again until it closes completely
2) Hold the switch for approximately three seconds after closing
3) Press the switch to lower the window automatically
4) When the window has reached the low position, press the switch again for approximately one second.

It's all in the owners handbook under ACCESS, generally around page 70!
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
clydeowenp
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2000 Citroen Xantia Hdi Exclusive Estate (waiting repair, burst hydraulic pipe sent it through a hedge!)
1995 Peugeot 106 Roland Garros (converted from petrol to 1.4 diesel)
1963 Triumph based Spartan Roadster kit car 2.5 litre.
2002 Peugeot 307 Rapier 2.0 HDi (In daily use)
2006 Peugeot 307cc Hdi Sport (Getting it ready for the summer)

Post by clydeowenp »

I had exactly the same problem with my 307cc after the battery went flat. I opened the door and window dropped about 10mm but on shutting the door it didn't go back up. I tried to open the window and it dropped an inch then stopped so I reset the window. This is done by pressing the window switch and releasing it when the window stops. When the window reaches the bottom hold the switch until a click is heard, window is now reset and should work normally. If the window is open reverse procedure moving the window up an inch at a time and hold switch at the top until you hear a click. You need to do this for both the front windows, I only did the passenger side as that was the door I opened.

I tried to open the roof, the windows all opened, the boot opened then it stopped and I got a "roof mechanism fault" message. I operated the close switch and the roof closed no problem, I tried several times but gave up thinking that's a job for another day. I closed all the windows using the switch by the roof switch and they all closed as normal. I tried to open the drivers door to read the tyre pressures on the label and the window dropped as it should, however it didn't go up when I closed the door. I tried to lower the window but it only went down an inch then stopped so I reset the window as above. I wondered if this was what was stopping the roof opening, surely it couldn't be that easy, I tried the roof again and it worked perfectly! I don't know for sure if this was the cause of the problem, comments from someone with far more knowledge than me would be appreciated. If your roof won't work after disconnecting the battery may be worth trying, could be an easy no cost fix.
Stafford_Mart

Post by Stafford_Mart »

Hi

Thanks for the info. I need to take another look later on as I tried the reset this morning when I got to work and I didn't get any click from the relay to say that it had reset. I tried this both at the bottom and then the top but it has not made any difference.

I know the window motor is still working as it goes down all the way but getting it back up is another pain as it doesn't want to. The glass is now down and won't go up so just hope it doesn't rain today. I've got to take the switch unit out of the door card as the window door switch part has now come off so it won't even go up now. Whether that is a sign that the window switch isn't working or the relay (wherever it is) is faulty. No idea at the moment and I refuse to take the car to Peugeot as they charge £84 for a diagnostic and then tell you you need a new part (or parts) which never come to anything below £200...Rob Dogs!!!!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Is this just the driver's window or the passenger one as well? Try the reset on the passenger and see if you can hear the tiny (almost silent click).

You may have another issue if it won't go up at all now - the regulator cable may have snapped. Water gets in and they rust and snap usually on the raising cycle where most of the stress occurs. Loads of silicone oil in the window guide channels, raising and lowering the windows and a liberal spray from the straw underneath the horizontal weather strip when the window is up also helps coat the wires.

PSA don't tend to repair these anyway - they just replace the whole unit on mine when it went, motor and all.

Marc
Stafford_Mart

Post by Stafford_Mart »

Cheers Marc
I'll give it a bash later.
Yes it is just the drivers window that's stuck. It did happen yesterday when I was looking at it and thought i'd stuck it completely but got it going again.

I still think it's the reset as it is still going down quickly but edging up an inch at a time with each button pull.

As i'm in the process of selling the car...hopefully, I might note it in the sale and reduce the price as i don't have the time to strip down and replace the whole regulator.

We shall see, but thanks for your help anyway.

Mart.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so if it is raising it won't be the wire or the motor. It is very likely the window is sticking in the side channels - loads and loads of silicone oils spray - liberally in the channels (don't use WD40 though as that can cause damage to rubber). The strain on the motor is probably causing the stopping because the window is so tight in the channels.

Spraying in the window channels will help the window glide and reduce the stress on the motor - then just keep edging the window up with the button until you get to the top and hold it for a few seconds - do the same when he window is at the bottom. Hopefully as you raise and lower it the oil will work into the channels and help - don't be afraid to use loads - as it it is dry and porous it will take a bit to lubricate the window guides.

Marc
Stafford_Mart

Post by Stafford_Mart »

Thanks Marc,

I'll get some silicone from work and try that.

Best Regards

Mart.