207 clutch change error.

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

LittleOldSuzi
My Cars: Peugeot 207 1.6 HDi

207 clutch change error.

Post by LittleOldSuzi »

I just changed the clutch on my daughters 207 and when we started it we got a horrible metal on metal noise. 3 hours later it is back off again to examine why. The trust bearing is in pieces and the guide tube is chewed up on the end.

I am 99% certain that DIY dad screwed up and wasted his fathers day and an £85 Sachs clutch by putting it together wrongly. The clutch disc is not symmetrical and being careless I didn't note how the old one came off. I put it in with the longest projection facing away from the flywheel and I thing that is what contacted on the guide tube and destroyed the bearing. It also has gouged the arms on the pressure plate so the whole kit is toast.

If I made a mistake I will take it on the chin, I am old enough so it isn't my first learning experience and won't be my last. If I didn't make a mistake then I need to figure out what caused this failure because once is a pain but repeating this will get boring real quick.

So did I simply put the clutch plate in backwards?
atimir 76
My Cars: Peugeot 305

Re: 207 clutch change error.

Post by atimir 76 »

Было бы очень хорошо посмотреть на фото,предварительно скажу,что диск сцепления стоял не той стороной,я так думаю)
doctle
My Cars: 2008 Laguna 1.5 DCi

Post by doctle »

We all make mistakes that's why they put erasers on pencils.
Oh buggle
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

atimir 76 wrote: 21 Jun 2020, 22:35 Было бы очень хорошо посмотреть на фото,предварительно скажу,что диск сцепления стоял не той стороной,я так думаю)
This roughly translates as: "It would be very nice to look at the photo, first I will say that the clutch disc was on the wrong side, I think so"

atimir 76, I don't want to discourage you from posting on this forum, but it is an English language forum, so we would prefer that you post in English, even if you need to use a translation engine to do so.

regards, Mike
LittleOldSuzi

Post by LittleOldSuzi »

Thanks for the replies guys. Saturday is 2nd time lucky day. Just to be 100% clear, did I put the clutch plate in backwards? Cheers...
LittleOldSuzi

Post by LittleOldSuzi »

2nd time was a charm and one happy young lady back on the road.

One disconnected drain off pipe (I think) though that I can't find a home for. 2 pipes go down the back of the engine and clip to the side of the bracket that holds the gear selector cables. One is the vacuum pipe to the reservoir and that is fine and the other appears to be a drain off pipe because the bottom is open, trouble is the top is not connected to anything any more. Any ideas where is should go to?

It is a 2007 1.6 HDi 109HP.