Temperature sensor faulty?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Gazzaman22
(Donor 2022)

Temperature sensor faulty?

Post by Gazzaman22 »

C5 II 5 DOOR SALOON 1.6 HDi 110 particle emission filter (DV6TED4) Manual gearbox 5

Hi, would I need to change my temperature sensor, cooling fan runs at such odd times, started up the car the other morning and it was running after 1 minute.

Suggestions welcome, as to what might be causing the issue, is it easy to change?

Thanks
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Temperature sensor faulty?

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Be aware that the radiator cooling fan will engage when the Air Conditioning is active - which is normal. You can rule this out by manually turning the A/C off using the A/C button on the climate control panel. If the engine is cold and you have the A/C switched off, then the fan shouldn't be on immediately.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Gazzaman22
(Donor 2022)

Re: Temperature sensor faulty?

Post by Gazzaman22 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 23 May 2020, 14:53 Be aware that the radiator cooling fan will engage when the Air Conditioning is active - which is normal. You can rule this out by manually turning the A/C off using the A/C button on the climate control panel. If the engine is cold and you have the A/C switched off, then the fan shouldn't be on immediately.
That was the exact issue, I just thought it must have been knackered many thanks 👍