308 cc error code P0087 Petrol High Pressure Regulation

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stafford_Mart
My Cars: Peugeot 308 CC 1.6 GT THP 150 (2009) Silver

308 cc error code P0087 Petrol High Pressure Regulation

Post by Stafford_Mart »

Hi

I'm now having another problem with my 308 cc THP150 engine in that it's pulling up an error code P0087 (RAC Diagnostic report) Petrol High pressure regulation.

The RAC Guy said it might be fuel filter as it's not been changed in 30k miles according to my paperwork.

Got it into the approved RAC garage and the man said it's the HP fuel pump that's causing this and quoted £900 for supply and fit of new pump.

The car didn't show any errors up whilst in the garage apart from him noticing that it was burning a bit of oil during tickover whilst they were doing a live diagnostic check.

I have run the car for another 2 days until the EML light came on again yesterday when coming home from work. The car went into limp mode but was still running.

I've had to use it again today to get in to work and just the same.

Is it definitely the fuel pump.

Any help is much appreciated as i'm pulling my hair out with this engine at the moment, it's just one thing after another.

Regards

Mart.
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Re: 308 cc error code P0087 Petrol High Pressure Regulation

Post by xantia_v6 »

P0087 seems to be a reliable indication that the high pressure fuel pump is failing.

There are lots available, especially as the same part was used on the R56 Mini with N14 engine. There are genuine replacements and there are also much cheaper pattern parts from china, and everything in between. It is hard to know what to recommend,

It is quite likely that your car does not have a replacable fuel filter, UK spec 308s were not fitted with them, although I have been told that there is a non-replaceable filter as part of the in-tank pump assembly.
Stafford_Mart
My Cars: Peugeot 308 CC 1.6 GT THP 150 (2009) Silver

Re: 308 cc error code P0087 Petrol High Pressure Regulation

Post by Stafford_Mart »

Hi, thanks for the advice.
I've had the pump changed. Managed to get a genuine psa pump from Neo brothers online. Had it fitted today.
Car still seems a bit unresponsive at times coming back home from the garage.

Is there another problem do you think or is it just air in the system. As the battery was off does the car have to relearn everything?

I've only come on the short roads back home so haven't been on my usual M6 or given it a blast yet.

Any help appreciated.

Regards.

Mart.