Xsara Picasso Engine Light Issue

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Delta1982
My Cars: Citroen Xsara Picasso 2003 Petrol

Xsara Picasso Engine Light Issue

Post by Delta1982 »

hi all

firstly thank you in advance for any assistance that can be provided

My wife owns a 2003 citroen xsara picasso petrol

it has developed a fault and i done some home repairs but the issue isnt solved wondering if anyones had
a simular issue before and might shed some light

the engine management light came on so i put a obd reader on the vehicle and it came up with code p1338
so i checked online for a solution it came up with cylinder number 2 misfire so i checked the coil pack and replaced it along with the spark plugs
i also changed the egr valve because i felt it maybe a possible problem or adding to it but alias there was no change it the way the engine acted

i then found that there was a slight amount of oil getting on one of the new spark plugs i replaced and no matter what i do the car seems to respond the same

it runs but sounds very boggy and does not have as much acceleration

before i give up someone told me to go to a good forum and ask there and see if anyone can help

im tempted to chance the valve cover gasket and the o ring seals or the camshaft sensor in case it is them but its a big job
i thought i would try post here in case any owners have had the same issue and has a fix i do like this car very much and i really want to keep it on the road
if i can

again thanks to anyone that might be able to help

Delta
oscar
Location: London near that big building with the flashing light!
My Cars: 2001 Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDi

Re: Xsara Picasso Engine Light Issue

Post by oscar »

Hi i take it your referring to oil getting on outside of plug? ie leaking from cam cover
If it is just change cam cover gasket paying attention to making sure both sides clean and torquing down evenly and correctly
Delta1982
My Cars: Citroen Xsara Picasso 2003 Petrol

Re: Xsara Picasso Engine Light Issue

Post by Delta1982 »

i believe so i will try this and see what happens will repost once its done

thanks

delta