RNEG VIDEO INPUT

This unit is the MyWay system, also referred to as RNEG, made by Harman Becker.
Main Features: Also referred to as RNEG, the MyWay colour satellite navigation system, has SD card, integrated European mapping, live trafic information, voice guidance and graphics in 2D or aerial perspective & it features a Bluetooth® system (Bluetooth phone compatibility only - no Bluetooth Audio Streaming).

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

arran
My Cars: 2010 C4 1.6 HDI EXCLUSIVE

RNEG VIDEO INPUT

Post by arran »

Hi, I have a 2010 c4 with the myway sat nav head unit. It has the red, white and yellow inputs in the glove box . The audio input works perfect. I was wanting to connect a reverse camera to the yellow video input but can’t seem to get it to display. Am I missing something? Had a quick look on diagbox to see if it needs enabling, but could not see anything. Any help appreciated. Thanks. has the RNEG Head unit. i have read that the head unit may not support video - but why have the connection? also seen some c4s just have the 2 audio inputs - red & white. im a bit confused.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: RNEG VIDEO INPUT

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi Arran.

There are several types of ports - those with the audio AUX inputs only and those with the video and Audio ports.

The video port is for displaying things like the output from a camcorder or external DVD player or camera for example. The AUX video needs enabling from the menu first of all as a source from the Media Menu.

It is not designed to work with a reversing camera though, so I don't think you'll find that an option. There's no reason why a video input wouldn't work, but the following would be issues:

1) You would have to fiddle with the menus to manually switch the video source to EXT every time you wanted to use the camera in reverse.
2) The system shuts off any video signal at anything over crawling speed for safety reasons.

Most people who have an X7 and wanted a reversing camera have fitted a complete kit using a photochromatic mirror incorporating an LCD display inside that automatically switches on in reverse. It was pretty simple to wire up. Here's a link to a post by 'The Ace' who did this on his X7:

viewtopic.php?t=52248
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
arran
My Cars: 2010 C4 1.6 HDI EXCLUSIVE

Re: RNEG VIDEO INPUT

Post by arran »

Thanks for the reply, I understand it better now and that mirror does look good thanks.