POLICEMAN DELIVERS & SAVES !

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

POLICEMAN DELIVERS & SAVES !

Post by ACTIVE8 »

This story appeared in the papers recently, and there are some details here on this link:-
http://www.lse.co.uk/ShowStory.asp?stor ... _born_baby
Apparently the parents have now decided to call the child Megane.
So this made me think, what if the car had been a Citroen instead of a Renault. With the most recent previous models they mainly had names, so you could have a child called Xsara, Xantia etc. Now though Citroen mainly use letters and numbers, so just imagine what the child would think if it were called C2, C3, C4, C5 or C8. [:D] [:)] I sure they would love the name, not.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

I always thought when children were named after cars it was in recognition of where they were concieved! While I have come accross the odd Mercedes I've never come across a Rover. Did come across a Porscha (yes that's how it was spelt!)
Jeremy
Oscar Too
My Cars:

Post by Oscar Too »

I knew a girl called Xantia once - no seriously I did.
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">While I have come accross the odd Mercedes<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Mercedes was a girls name before it was a cars name-the first cars to bear the name were commisioned from Benz by a Nice ( place not nature....)He bought them on the understanding that they would be named after his daughter, Mercedes.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Nice one postie, my Mum arrived just in time when a neighbour was actually dropping one a few years ago,having successfully dropped the six of us Mum was somewhat helpful and the thing went off without drama, she got a stork certificate too as I remember, new life, onwards the race,
Stewart