Head lights wont work

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Volvo350
My Cars: Peugeot partner 2008 1.6 HDi

Head lights wont work

Post by Volvo350 »

My peugeot partner 1.6 hdi has a fault on the head lights. The side lights work ok and also display on the instrument panel , but as soon as I put head lights on, nothing happens no head lights and the light on instrument panel goes out as if I've no lights on. Tested bulbs and are ok, checked fuses and all ok, is there a relay for the head lights if so where is it or this another issue.
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Head lights wont work

Post by wheeler »

The Relay is integral to the under bonnet fusebox & not a separately replaceable (in the normal sense) part. Can you hear a relay click from the under bonnet fusebox when you switch the lights on? Does the full beam work?
Do you have access to decent diagnostics? You can go in & see live data from the com2000 (lighting switch unit) & see if the switch is sending out a signal.
Can you confirm you have actually seen the bulbs illuminate when you apply power to them, sorry to ask such an obvious thing but some peoples idea of 'testing' the bulbs is just to take them out & look at them.
Volvo350

Post by Volvo350 »

Hi, yes I've tested bulbs and ok, side lights work and illuminate on dash but as soon as I switch head lights on illumination on dash goes out and side lights, main beam work when I pull stork but will not stay on when storm is released
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Headlight fuses?
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
Volvo350

Post by Volvo350 »

I've checked all fuses with tester and all ok