Citroenc c5 x7 parking sensor removal

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CITROENC5100
My Cars: Citroen c5 2008 2l 100kw
Renault scenic 2000 1.6l

Citroenc c5 x7 parking sensor removal

Post by CITROENC5100 »

Hello guys, so once again my citroen got sick. This time it's parking sensor. Scanned my faults and it shows that my rear left parking sensor doesn't give any signal. Maybe anyone have diagram how to take this sensor out without taking rear bumper off or any other advises how to check is it really bad or is it just some wiring problems.
elcustardo
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Picasso C4 VTR+ 1.8 petrol: Deceased
C5 VTR+ 1.8 Petrol

Re: Citroenc c5 x7 parking sensor removal

Post by elcustardo »

I fitted aftermarket to the OEM sensor holes. Easily accessable from under the car with bumper in place.
If you look at the sensor design you can see the lug points I assume you need to lift the mounting 'fingers' on the car to remove

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/174128811715?c ... JQQAvD_BwE
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

CITROENC5100 wrote: 06 May 2020, 15:18 Hello guys, so once again my citroen got sick. This time it's parking sensor. Scanned my faults and it shows that my rear left parking sensor doesn't give any signal. Maybe anyone have diagram how to take this sensor out without taking rear bumper off or any other advises how to check is it really bad or is it just some wiring problems.
If you are using Diagbox, it will tell you exactly which sensor is at fault (if it is a sensor that is). There are a possibility of 10 sensors if you have front and rear / Parking Gap Measurement. The most common problem is water running from the sensor wiring into the sensor - usually from pressure / jet washing from under the car.

To fit or replace the sensors it is generally a bumper off - or at least partly off in order to access them. So I would make sure it is a sensor issue first and not the ECU or the wiring.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Lenny
My Cars: 1986 2cv Charleston
1986 2cv Special
2010 C5 2.0HDi Exclusive Tourer Auto
1992 VW Corrado VR6
1970 Vw Beetle

Post by Lenny »

You can replace the rear sensors without dismantling anything. Takes a few seconds to release the clips and push them through the bumper.
I'm a big fan of using genuine bits but the cheapo sensor I bought of Ebay a few years back is still working perfectly and looks no different.
CITROENC5100
My Cars: Citroen c5 2008 2l 100kw
Renault scenic 2000 1.6l

Post by CITROENC5100 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 06 May 2020, 19:53
CITROENC5100 wrote: 06 May 2020, 15:18 Hello guys, so once again my citroen got sick. This time it's parking sensor. Scanned my faults and it shows that my rear left parking sensor doesn't give any signal. Maybe anyone have diagram how to take this sensor out without taking rear bumper off or any other advises how to check is it really bad or is it just some wiring problems.
If you are using Diagbox, it will tell you exactly which sensor is at fault (if it is a sensor that is). There are a possibility of 10 sensors if you have front and rear / Parking Gap Measurement. The most common problem is water running from the sensor wiring into the sensor - usually from pressure / jet washing from under the car.

To fit or replace the sensors it is generally a bumper off - or at least partly off in order to access them. So I would make sure it is a sensor issue first and not the ECU or the wiring.
I don't use diagbox but i have friend who uses it and he said that it's parking sensor fault but to be sure can i check it with multimeter it's really bad or it's wiring?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You can do the manual test:

Switch ignition on, put the car in reverse gear, then very gently put your finger just over each sensor in turn (barely touching it) and there should be a slight tingling or pulsing feeling that you can feel from the sensor.

For each one that you cannot feel, this may indicate a faulty sensor. Diagbox is better, though as it will tell you exactly which one is faulty.

The wiring is pretty robust on these to be honest and it usually is a faulty sensor that goes,

Make sure you haven’t spilled any liquid onto the parking assistance ECU in the boot.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Xantippa
My Cars: Now:
C5 X7 HDi 240 Exclusive Tourer
ZOE 22kwh Intense
Before:
C4 1,6 Coupe Automatic
C5 X7 HDi136 Exclusive Sedan A
Xantia HDi110 Berline
Xantia 1,8SX Berline

Post by Xantippa »

One of my rear "center" parking sensors is broken. Looked at under car today, and noticed that there´s not just any room to remove parking sensor on my HDi240 with tow bar. Any guide how to remove that lower part of bumper in which parking sensor are attached to?
Xantippa
My Cars: Now:
C5 X7 HDi 240 Exclusive Tourer
ZOE 22kwh Intense
Before:
C4 1,6 Coupe Automatic
C5 X7 HDi136 Exclusive Sedan A
Xantia HDi110 Berline
Xantia 1,8SX Berline

Post by Xantippa »

Managed to change sensor. Luckily my I have small hands. Unfortunately at least first sensor I tried didn´t fix problem. Installed another one, but didn´t have time to test wether it works... Maybe have to try also resetting fault codes after change.