C5 estate alarm issues

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pete-c5
My Cars:

C5 estate alarm issues

Post by pete-c5 »

Hi Guys,
Hope your all well and keeping safe from this covid thing.

I have recently had a problem with the rear screen washer pipe on my estate, I thought it was nessarsary to remove all the trim around the rear window which I did, but in the end I have just put a pipe over the corregated washer pipe and that has cured the problem, after putting every thing back I had a few issues with rear wiper and washer not working, so disconected the battery for an hour or so, and then reconnected it, all seemed fine every thing working as it should, and yes every thing.
Until after tea, went out to lock up and locked the car with the fob, about 10/15 mins later the alarm went off, so went out and pressed the unlock button and nothing happened, so unlocked the car with the key, and started the engine, stopped it and locked it, only for it to go off again. any ideas as to what might be wrong or is there some thing I might had done ??

Regards Pete
l love Citroens
2001 C5 2.2hdi sx Estate
2008 C5 2lt hdi Tourer (estate)
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: C5 estate alarm issues

Post by wheeler »

If this is your 2001 model we are talking about there is a pin switch that detects when the rear tailgate glass is open. This is located in the tailgate trim, has this all been refitted correctly & plugged back in? If not it could affect the alarm operation.
pete-c5
My Cars:

Re: C5 estate alarm issues

Post by pete-c5 »

Hi Sorry no should have said its the 2008 tourer
l love Citroens
2001 C5 2.2hdi sx Estate
2008 C5 2lt hdi Tourer (estate)