Van locking problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Amigoo33
My Cars: Citroen Relay 2.2 HDI 120

Van locking problem

Post by Amigoo33 »

Hi.
Van has one key fob. It does not lock doors. When i push lock button on a fob it does nothing. Same with a button inside a van. But van unlocks with fob or button inside. When I try to lock drivers door twisting it just a drivers door locks.

Where should I start looking for a problem? I think there must be just one fuse and it is fine because it unlocks. What could cause a van lock button and a fob lock button to do nothing when pressed?

Thanks
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Van locking problem

Post by wheeler »

Not sure if im understanding this right. Are you saying the remote control wont lock or unlock the van from the outside but it works ok when sitting inside the van?
If thats the case have you tried changing the battery in the fob?
As for only the drivers door locking/unlocking when the key is turned in the lock, this is normal operation for many modern vehicles with remote central locking so may be correctly operating?
EDIT: scrap the first bit i said, i just re read it.
What year is the van & is it a mk 1,2 or 3?
Amigoo33

Post by Amigoo33 »

No. Key fob and/or button inside of a van unlocks but key and/or button inside a van does not lock. Basically van unlocks but does not lock. Central unlocking works but central locking does not.
Amigoo33

Post by Amigoo33 »

By the way turn signal indicators flashing when trying to lock. As well as lock button led inside a van. So seems it gets a signal from fob but not locking for some reason. No open door light on dashboard.
Amigoo33

Post by Amigoo33 »

Problem - sliding door contacts. Thanks