Economy Mode + ECU faults

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

vaultsman
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 Peugeot 307SW 1.6 Petrol

Economy Mode + ECU faults

Post by vaultsman »

307SW 1.6 Petrol
ME745 ECU

I renewed the heater hoses on my daughter's car a few days ago and when I was bleeding the system, like a numpty, I managed to drop the thermostat bleed screw :oops:. Cue a stream of coolant spewing out before I could refit the screw, and the engine died.

After mopping up, it wouldn't restart and sounded like it was firing on 2 or 3 whilst cranking. Unplugged the sensors in the area, gave them a solvent spray, and left it to dry out for a while.

Still refused to start, but did so with a battery charge and a spray of Easy Start. All seemed fine, or so I thought.

A day later and it's back to not starting. Economy Mode active as well and EML lit. Also, Depollution System Faulty shows up intermittently.

I bought the Diagbox software & VCI last year, but never used it in earnest so now was its chance to shine.

The only faults showing were on the engine ECU. I cleared these and she started up - EML gone.
Economy Mode still active, and it does seem as if the battery has lost charge quickly - showing 12.2V engine off and no load. 14.4V with engine running. Duff battery maybe?

After a few minutes though, she died again. Diagbox shows these ECU faults:
P0335 Engine Speed Sensor Fault (Permanent)
U2000 Remotely Controlled Triggering (Intermittent) (Key Fob Battery low? - this is showing on the LCD display as well)
P1693 Fault: Piloted Engine Stop-Start DAMP (Intermittent)
P1536 Fault: Stop Lamp Information (Intermittent)

I guess the main problem is the first one....could this be wiring related or is it lmore ikely to be the sensor itself?
What would be a good plan of attack?

TIA
Stan
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Economy Mode + ECU faults

Post by wheeler »

Im guessing the engine speed/crank sensor is right under the thermostat housing? I would take it out fir a good proper clean & sane with the connector
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

If you go into live data cab diagbox see engine RPM when cranking? Should be in the region of 300-350 rpm.
vaultsman
(Donor 2020)

Post by vaultsman »

Cheers,
I'll have a look tomorrow.
vaultsman
(Donor 2020)

Post by vaultsman »

To (hopefully) close off:

Started Diagbox....which reported no ECU faults found. Gave the car a bit of a run and retested. Still no faults.

To be on the safe side, and not wishing my daughter to be stranded, I replaced the crankshaft sensor anyway. Cheap enough for a bit more peace of mind.

Fingers crossed, it's now sorted.

Cheers,
Stan