Lexia 3 / Diagbox Citroen C4 1.6 HDI

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Markta
My Cars: Citroen C4 1.6 HDI VTR+ 2007

Re: Lexia 3 / Diagbox Citroen C4 1.6 HDI

Post by Markta »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 13 Apr 2020, 16:56 Are you actually getting a choice? This is unusual - as Diagbox will normally load up automatically for the appropriate car without a choice. The only choices it usually gives you is for earlier cars where you can select Lexia or 'Scantool' which is the basic OBD reader.

It should not take anywhere 5 minutes to read the ECUs on a C4 - so it is obviously having some trouble communicating somewhere along the line. Economy Mode shouldn't affect the testing - but to rule this out, start the engine and run the diagnostics again with the engine running.

If in fact you are given a choice of Diagbox - try selecting that instead.
Thanks Marc for you continued help, I appreciate it.

Yes, choice of Diagbox or Lexia 3 though unsure of what menu I need to select for an ABS bleed or whether it has that functionality...
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It's important to make sure it's working ok before attempting any procedures, just to be safe.

If you are confident it's working - and talking about Diagbox here, you need to undertake the Global Test first, as the 'test by ECU' functions came in on 7.58 as far as I can tell. Once all the ECUs are listed,, you should be able to select the specific ABS ECU, co into that, and then look at the various menus to locate the function you want.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Markta

Post by Markta »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 13 Apr 2020, 18:17 It's important to make sure it's working ok before attempting any procedures, just to be safe.

If you are confident it's working - and talking about Diagbox here, you need to undertake the Global Test first, as the 'test by ECU' functions came in on 7.58 as far as I can tell. Once all the ECUs are listed,, you should be able to select the specific ABS ECU, co into that, and then look at the various menus to locate the function you want.
Loaded up Diagbox just now and appears to recognise ABS ECU. Tried global test and retried 'test by function' on Lexia and would not pick up the ABS ECU.

Diagbox screenshots shows the bleeding function available of ESP81 (Bosch 8.1 which is correct according to my technical information), so will give this a go on Saturday, unless someone can confirm what Diagbox does next if I click on 'bleeding':-
Attachments
ESP81 Diagbox Capture.JPG
ABS Diagbox Capture.JPG
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It will be a guided procedure, so be prepared....

This is normally the second part of the operation when bleeding the primary and secondary brake circuits after changing the brake fluid.

This operation is performed in 2 stages:
Carry out an automatic bleed or a manual bleed using the brake pedal (Primary circuit )
Complete the bleed (secondary circuit) with exclusive reference to the diagnostic equipment procedure, which is what I think you are referring to above.

Let me know if you need the steps for the bleeding at the pedal part (which obviously needs 2 people), but the secondary part is guided via Diagbox.

Marc
Markta

Post by Markta »

Thanks Marc, really helpful.

I’ve already used a one man pressure bleeder to bleed as much air out of the primary circuit but have a pedal that goes to the floor. ABS bleed required as I replaced a seized rear caliper.

Was just wondering if I clicked on ‘bleed’ whether it would start the pump straight away as I wasn’t intending to do the bleed last night.

In the limited time I had available, was nice to find the bleed function and that Diagbox can do something that Lexia chant under v7.57

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000ROARTI/ ... MEbSW0B7ZR
Markta

Post by Markta »

Was also wondering whether the Diagbox by default bleeds two wheels at the same time ie. rear left and right or just one wheel at a time.

Thanks!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Couldn't say for sure - but normally the procedure will give you a warning before it starts, so selecting the option will probably lead you to another menu before it starts anything.

Marc
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Markta wrote: 16 Apr 2020, 13:16 Was also wondering whether the Diagbox by default bleeds two wheels at the same time ie. rear left and right or just one wheel at a time.

Thanks!
Any one i have done with Lexia has been one wheel at a time, it tells you which wheel & when to open then close the bleed nipple.
Markta

Post by Markta »

wheeler wrote: 16 Apr 2020, 19:30
Markta wrote: 16 Apr 2020, 13:16 Was also wondering whether the Diagbox by default bleeds two wheels at the same time ie. rear left and right or just one wheel at a time.

Thanks!
Any one i have done with Lexia has been one wheel at a time, it tells you which wheel & when to open then close the bleed nipple.
DELETED
Last edited by Markta on 16 Apr 2020, 23:37, edited 2 times in total.
Markta

Post by Markta »

Markta wrote: 16 Apr 2020, 23:02
wheeler wrote: 16 Apr 2020, 19:30

Thanks!
Thanks. I’ve heard plenty of new DOT 4 is needed as the ABS often requires bleeding two or three times over before you get a really good pedal. Joy of joys! 😧

I did have a MaxiECU diagnostic tool which works on Windows 10 and claims to do a full ABS bleed but it would only activate the pump on offside front and rear.

With the car stuck on the driveway, I managed to get my wife’s Windows 7 laptop going again for Diagbox otherwise I would have been f****d.
Markta

Post by Markta »

ABS successfully bled today thanks to Diagbox and wife assisting who was in passenger seat clicking the screens on laptop. Took 4 complete circuits and about 3 litres of DOT 4.

I wish I had a four poster ramp instead of a driveway, would have taken a tenth of the time it took. Time to convince the wife 🙂

Thanks to all who contributed.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Pleased your efforts were successful.
daisydog
My Cars: Citroen C4 Hatchback 65 plate

Post by daisydog »

Hi just to bump this up can someone let me know

Would this software work on my 65 plate citroen just for clearning the 'count down to car wont start' until repairs can be done.

Professional Lexia3 Full 921815C Diagnostic Tool Lexia 3 PP2000 V48/V25 Diagbox V7.83 For Peugeot/C-itroen Auto Scanner with PSA ?

thanks.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

If you are talking about an adblue/ urea fault then no, the fault wont clear till its actually fixed.
daisydog
My Cars: Citroen C4 Hatchback 65 plate

Post by daisydog »

wheeler wrote: 06 Sep 2021, 09:11 If you are talking about an adblue/ urea fault then no, the fault wont clear till its actually fixed.

Yes but what i want to do until the fault is fixed (awaiting part/price) is to stop countdown to non start car is needed for work and its getting close to stop.

Last time it got reset (by garage system) it did come back on after a day but the countdown had reset to 750 miles again.