307 diagbox dpf

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Slobo2712
My Cars: Peugeot 307 1.6 80kw

307 diagbox dpf

Post by Slobo2712 »

Today I have looked at diagbox dpf parameters and there is something strange.What means "Average mileage for 5 last regeneration manoeuvers - 123km" Is that mean that car doing regeneration every 120km?Is that mean its cloged or?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: 307 diagbox dpf

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That just tells you what the average mileage is that a regeneration is occurring, based on your last 5 regenerations.

So 123Km is the average distance between regenerations. If you were doing longer uninterrupted journeys, then you would be doing more miles in between each regeneration because the engine exhaust would be hotter and natural regeneration would be burning more of the soot off naturally.

Shorter and infrequent journeys means exhaust isn't getting to the temperature required for natural regeneration to occur, so the assisted regeneration kicks in to prevent the filter from clogging.

So no, there is nothing wrong with the system - it is doing its job properly, but shorter journeys will ultimately will use more additive as the assisted regeneration is happening more frequently to prevent the filter from clogging. If you were using the Motorways / Autobahns, dual carriageways with less stopping and waiting in traffic, then your average mileage between regeneration would be higher because natural regeneration would happen more frequently.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Slobo2712
My Cars: Peugeot 307 1.6 80kw

Post by Slobo2712 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 26 Mar 2020, 10:10 That just tells you what the average mileage is that a regeneration is occurring, based on your last 5 regenerations.

So 123Km is the average distance between regenerations. If you were doing longer uninterrupted journeys, then you would be doing more miles in between each regeneration because the engine exhaust would be hotter and natural regeneration would be burning more of the soot off naturally.

Shorter and infrequent journeys means exhaust isn't getting to the temperature required for natural regeneration to occur, so the assisted regeneration kicks in to prevent the filter from clogging.

So no, there is nothing wrong with the system - it is doing its job properly, but shorter journeys will ultimately will use more additive as the assisted regeneration is happening more frequently to prevent the filter from clogging. If you were using the Motorways / Autobahns, dual carriageways with less stopping and waiting in traffic, then your average mileage between regeneration would be higher because natural regeneration would happen more frequently.
Thank you,which type of additive exactly fits for this car?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Your build code is 10586, so you should have a Green click fit connector on the additive tank and therefore need Eolys 176 or Infineum F7995. These are the only 2 types of additive that can be mixed.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc