ESPACE Mk2 Head Light Problem

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Chaser
My Cars: Espace Mk2

ESPACE Mk2 Head Light Problem

Post by Chaser »

The Car is an Espace Mk2 Petrol.

Problem is the Main Beam Headlights.

Checked the Steering Column Switch which operates the Lights.

Tested for continuity - all seems well with the Switch - from Power in Pin to each of the 3 Pins in the Output Plug = Side Lights - Dipped Lights - Head Lights

Running separate 12 volts cable to the Head Lights - they work fine.

Problem seems to be somewhere between Switch and Head Lights as with 12 Volts to wiring just beyond Switch - Headlights do not function.

The cables from the Switch to Sidelights is quite chunky - so is cable from Switch to Dipped.

But cable for Headlights is very thin which leads me to think a Relay is somewhere in the circuit - but where? :?:

All Relays and Fuses at Fuse Board OK.

Anyone ever involved in similar situation. 8-[

Hope to hear.
Best Rgds.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: ESPACE Mk2 Head Light Problem

Post by Peter.N. »

Had a similar problem with a 406 but only one headlight failed. I fitted a relay and energised it from the good light.

Peter
Chaser

Post by Chaser »

Hello Peter,

Funnily enough I thought that today - good idea.

I have the Headlights working via a different switch at the moment but would like to get it re-connected to the Steering Switch which does everything it should.

I am sort of half way there already and do have a Spare Relay - thnxs for the prompt.
Chaser

Post by Chaser »

Peter.N. wrote: 23 Mar 2020, 10:24 Had a similar problem with a 406 but only one headlight failed. I fitted a relay and energised it from the good light.

Peter
Hello Peter,

Did the same - well a sort of variation of it - I had a Relay I purchased - because they were cheap - in Kuala Lumpur of all places - quite a few years ago.

Fitted it all this morning - working like a dream - hoping it stays like that - at least it definitely was not the Steering Switch.

By the way I opened that in my quest - frightening - luckily my wife insisted on take images - so we got it back together.

My thnxs for your prompt.