Citroen C4 Picasso 2.0 diesel gear fault.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

VinceC

Citroen C4 Picasso 2.0 diesel gear fault.

Post by VinceC »

I am wondering if anyone can help please. My 2.0l diesel 2007 automatic Picasso has developed a weird fault in that it drives ok on a motorway until I leave on a slip road. After which if my car has to stop at a roundabout or if stuck in traffic when I then drive off the car revs higher than usual and will not go above 3rd gear even if I use the manual paddles below the steering wheel. If it is a quiet road I can pull over and restart the car which sometimes clears the problem.
Has anyone met this problem as other than that it is a really nice car to drive and so practical. It has only just turned 80k and has to live up to my previous Xsara Picasso that reached nearly 200k.
Happy motoring.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Citroen C4 Picasso 2.0 diesel gear fault.

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I suspect that you may not have an automatic, but the EGS manual clutch and gearbox that is hydraulically actuated. It's called a piloted system used on many PSA vehicles, but unless it is a proper Automatic (with torque converter) you will have to deal with not only the issues of a slipping clutch, / Dual Mass Flywheel as other manual diesel vehicles have to do, but also the problems that these EGS systems suffer from.

It will need diagnosing or some diagnostic time to determine what is causing the slipping unfortunately.

VinceC

Re: Citroen C4 Picasso 2.0 diesel gear fault.

Post by VinceC »

Thanks Mark. I'll get that looked at.