2008 Peugeot 308 not starting

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Cragski85
New User
My Cars: 2008 Peugeot 308 1.6 vti sport

2008 Peugeot 308 not starting

Post by Cragski85 »

Hi new to this forum.
I bought a 2008 Peugeot 308 1.6 vti a few days ago for a cheap run about but now having problems with it. When we bought it we already knew it had a problem with the temperature sensor straight from start up hot or cold get the engine to hot and temperature gauge shooting to the red so was going to replace it this weekend. We have driven it about for the past few days 50 miles maximum but yesterday my other half was driving and the de pollution fault came up and eml. It still drove fine no problems. So last night I plugged in my little code reader and it came up with cam position sensor code i deleted the code took it out for a few miles it drove fine no lights back on nothing. Other half jumps into it this morning and it would start but cut out after a few seconds. If she gave it a bit of revs it would rev up fine then idle perfectly turn it off and then back on again it would just cut out. Would the cam sensor cause this? Or is there something major wrong with it? Sorry for long post any advice would be brilliant