C5 Glovebox surround

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

backache
My Cars: Xantia 2.0 hdi, C5 2.0hdi. Have owned examples of DS, GS, 2cv (early 375cc van) 2cv4, 2cv6, Dyane, acadiane, CX, BX,XM, Xantia And C5, and everything from an Isetta bubblecar to a Mack Truck.

C5 Glovebox surround

Post by backache »

Hi folks, long time since Ive been on here, had very little problems with my Citroens recently.
Im just about to attempt the heater flap repair (nearside)using the cut the heater box method (??) and feel I need to remove the glove box surround to gain access. The glove box is out , I have removed the slim fake wood strip accross the dash, and a fairly large torx head screw from under the lip but can see no other fixings, it seems rock solid , not the slightest bit of give/movement anywhere. Has anyone any advice on removing this panel ?
C5 exclusive 2007, facelift type dash, although this part looks the same as my earlier C5s. Thanks in anticipation.
citroenguy
(Donor 2021)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: Hobby car + daily: 1996 Xantia 1.9TD SX 84k miles

Past:
Citroën C5 I 2.0i 16V SX Saloon-04
Citroën BX16RS -88 stolen and burned :(
Citroën BX 19GTi -89
Citroën C5 II 2.0i 16v -05
Citroën ZX 1.8i 16V Break -96
2x Rover 620 Sterling
Rover 620Ti
Volvo 850
Various C5 and Xantia bought and sold

Re: C5 Glovebox surround

Post by citroenguy »

I think the "glovebox surround" is part of the dash
I have various repair handbooks and wiring diagrams for C5 mk1, Xantia, XM, Berlingo and C3 mk1.
I have Lexia/Diagbox (Sweden) and Servicebox/sedre
backache
My Cars: Xantia 2.0 hdi, C5 2.0hdi. Have owned examples of DS, GS, 2cv (early 375cc van) 2cv4, 2cv6, Dyane, acadiane, CX, BX,XM, Xantia And C5, and everything from an Isetta bubblecar to a Mack Truck.

Re: C5 Glovebox surround

Post by backache »

Yes I think you are right, I thought with it being two different mouldings, in different colours , it would have been detachable from the top part. I'll just continue struggling. Thanks for you reply.