Citroen Cs3 Error: Resetting clock, turns over on second attempt, no fob locking after a few minutes

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bottlebank
My Cars: Citroen C3 2009

Citroen Cs3 Error: Resetting clock, turns over on second attempt, no fob locking after a few minutes

Post by bottlebank »

Hi everyone.

I've just bought a Citroen Cs3 and for the most part its very smooth but it seems to have an electrical fault:

The clock resets, the car always turns over second time around but not on the first time and after about 5 mins of the engine turning off I lose power to the locks. I was wondering if anyone could suggest what is going on here. Also the person who sold it to me said that the fuse for the fan blows sometime but I haven't experienced this.

I have tried:

Replacing the battery in the key fob.
Replacing the car battery with a brand new one.
The shunt fuse is in the right place.

If anyone can help me that'd be awesome.

Kind regards
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Citroen Cs3 Error: Resetting clock, turns over on second attempt, no fob locking after a few minutes

Post by wheeler »

Does the car have an aftermarket stereo fitted?
Are you 100% that the shunt fuse is in the 'CLIENT' position? All the faults you listed above (apart from the fan fuse fault) are classic of a shunt fuse incorrect.
Another thing that can cause this issue in the BSI in showroom mode, This can be configed with Lexia/Diagbox.
If you don't know the cars history I would check all the fuses and check they are in the right places, you don't know someone hasn't been messing about with fuses & put them back incorrect.
bottlebank

Re: Citroen Cs3 Error: Resetting clock, turns over on second attempt, no fob locking after a few minutes

Post by bottlebank »

Hi and thanks for your help.

The stereo is a regular C3 mp3 cd player as I have identified it in the handbook.
It's in the client position.

Thanks I shall check the fuses, tomorrow and report back.

I only want to have to send it to the dealer if it's absolutely necessary
bottlebank

Post by bottlebank »

Well Done Wheeler. Solved and revived instantly after moving the shunt fuse from the right to the left. (for those of you wondering where it is, it is under the passenger side of the dashboard)

Thanks again Wheeler, you've at least saved me a £65 diagnostic.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

BOOM....good job !
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting