Double Din

This section is for General Enquiries or for Systems not Covered Above

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Double Din

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It really depends on the detail as to exactly what they mean.

That can mean anything really, like retaining the time, or date for example :-D . You can't listen to internet sales waffle. You need to find specific examples of what they mean by that with specific Head Units and exactly what they are claiming.

Each Telematics system is different - it will depend on the vehicle, its electronic architecture, how the data is handled (by the BSI or indirectly by the BSI and the Head Unit and / or the Multifunction Display Screen for example.

Some vehicles are VAN, some are CAN VAN some CAN CAN and now there are newer and faster data protocols, to cope with the additional safety features being added that need fast reliable communication with the vehicle's other systems. A lot of these are centrally controlled from a touch screen like the newer ConnectNav systems.

I think you just have to accept that your car is about 12 years old and there are limitations to what you can do with the technology.

If you really want to have a different option, then consider getting something like this, which will allow MP3 to be played from a mobile or a USB or a Flash Card and transmit to the Head Unit via FM - a simple cheap solution and at £11 it won't make you bankrupt :-D
FM.PNG
This will allow you to keep all the functions of your RT4 without cannibalising your vehicle for the next owner.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Tiago407sw16hdi
My Cars: 2008 407 SW 1.6 HDI

Post by Tiago407sw16hdi »

I already had one of those devices...not good there is always interference from the radios stations. Next owner?? This one will stay with me for a long time. In summer she will have lots of things done, turbo replacement, injectors, shocks, bushings all belts and water pump and maybe clutch. She will be ready for another 20 years. And i already bought a engine with 70k.

Does anybody has what the cables are for on the back of the RT? what is what.....many thanks

Well wile i search for solutions i have burned a cd with 52 mp3 songs. i insert the cd and guess.....only detects 3 musics....its not my day
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Make sure you follow the following specs for the MP3 format:

In order to be able to play a recorded CDR or CDRW, when recording select standards ISO 9660 level 1.2 or Joliet.
If the disc is recorded in another format, it may not be played correctly. It is recommended that the same recording standard is always used for an individual disc, with as low a speed as possible for optimum sound quality.

In the particular case of a multi-session CD, the Joliet standard is recommended.

On a single disc, the CD player can read up to 255 MP3 files spread over 8 directory levels. However, it is advisable to keep to a limit of two levels to reduce the access time before the CD is played.

It is advisable to restrict file names to 20 characters without using special characters (e.g.: " " ? ; ù) to avoid any playing or displaying problems.

Marc
Tiago407sw16hdi
My Cars: 2008 407 SW 1.6 HDI

Post by Tiago407sw16hdi »

I understand
But if it plays only 3 of the 52 i have on the cd????
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so check the filenames and the bit rates - if some tracks are in a different format then they won't be recognised. make sure there are no dodgy characters.

If you put the same CD into your PC, and then click on the properties of the file that will play, make a not of the characteristics and format, then do the same for the file (s) that won't play, and see what differences there are. But regardless, if you have not burned the disk at the LOWEST speed possible, then you may have problems with the data when it is written.

Marc