DS4 Blower Motor

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

monkeyass
My Cars: 2015 Citroen DS4 1.6 VTi DStyle

DS4 Blower Motor

Post by monkeyass »

Hi Guys

Right, Ive seen this question over several forums but no solid answer.
I had an intermittent fault with the blower motor, which has now stopped working all together.
Thought it may have been the resistor pack failing and then dying but I tested the voltage coming out of the resistor pack, 13v in 4v out. Replaced with a new pack, 13v in 0v out. Both 4v and 0v remained regardless of where the dial was set. Plugged the old resistor pack back in and hey presto 13v output. Plugged it back into the blower and it started working again. Tried the dial in all positions, wound it up and down several times, all good. Start stopped the engine several times all good. Refitted the glove box, started the car, nothing again!!
Im going to go out on a limb and say either theres a bad connection or the unit that controls the speed at the front is intermittent/faulty?

Any suggestions before I take it to a mountain and burn it :shock:
monkeyass
My Cars: 2015 Citroen DS4 1.6 VTi DStyle

Re: DS4 Blower Motor

Post by monkeyass »

Day 2 of fault finding on the car, and I managed to catch the incoming voltage to the resistor pack drop to 8v, something it hadn't done the previous day. Tracing the live and earth back, they end up going to a plug by the main wiring loom to the left of the glove box (right hand drive).
The earth was discoloured from over heating and the pins were not creating a good contact inside the plug. Cut the earth from the plug and reconnected using a bullet connector, and the heaters have been working for nearly a week now
Attachments
IMG_20200207_163221.jpg