Myway display problem

This unit is the MyWay system, also referred to as RNEG, made by Harman Becker.
Main Features: Also referred to as RNEG, the MyWay colour satellite navigation system, has SD card, integrated European mapping, live trafic information, voice guidance and graphics in 2D or aerial perspective & it features a Bluetooth® system (Bluetooth phone compatibility only - no Bluetooth Audio Streaming).

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

wendypal68
My Cars: Citroen DS3 cabrio

Myway display problem

Post by wendypal68 »

Hi I have a citroen ds3 cabrio with the myway audio system fited. I had a bump in it and had it in the garage for repair. On collection of my vehicle the screen is only showing coloured lines no display and the mechanic doesn't know what the problem is as he never touched it. The air con was replaced so not sure if that had anything to do with it. Also in the last week my stop light and temperature light has been coming on and more so if the aircon button is pressed. Any advice would be much appreciated.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Myway display problem

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi and welcome.

I fear this is not going to be a simple matter - as you have to things going on - first the accident that could of upset something in the electronics - specifically the wiring or on one or more Electronic Control Units (ECUs) and secondly it has has has work done on it that may have introduced further problems - I assume the repairs were not done at a dealer?

As for the display - that typifies that there is a communication problem between the MyWay head unit and the display screen - If the fascia panel has been removed and the head unit or screen disconnected - abd the power has not been disconnected before removing the cable to the screen from the MyWay, then it can brick the display. It can also be caused by the MyWay unit if damaged or the data network on the vehicle.

The next issue sounds like it is concerned with the heating / cooling circuit. It can mean overheating - and of course when the A/C is in use that generates more heat that has to be taken away. The Stop Lamp warning with the engine temperature lamp is a sign it is overheating, so be very careful - I would keep the A/C off and get the cooling system checked.

Without a diagnostic and any fault codes, we will be making half decent guesses.

You mentioned 'a bump', but how severe was the damage and where was the impact? If the car has been officially repaired by the approved insurance repairer - then hand it back and say it's not right.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
wendypal68
My Cars: Citroen DS3 cabrio

Post by wendypal68 »

Thanks for your reply. The vehicle damage was front bumper damage and bonnet realignment, nothing major. The headlights were replaced and new air con condenser. The insurance deemed it cat n write off but I had only purchased previous year at a lot higher price than they valued it at so I had the repairs done by my local garage who deals with all my repairs. It's at the garage today and they are trying a temperature sensor. Other than that no codes have come up. Just really wanted advice 're screen as this was never touched by my mechanic.
20191112_071413.jpg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, I understand - but you also have to appreciate that an impact can have consequences for electronic control units and sensitive electronics that are crammed into these cars. You have anywhere up to 20 ECUs scattered about the vehicle and any impact can damage these - it's another reason why the insurance company will tend to write off cars more readily - because of the hidden damage an impact can have on these components and the ECUs can be massively expensive to replace.

I'm just giving you the lowdown here - your specific issue will require further electrical testing and investigation, which is of course is going to cost.

I could easily suggest you replace the head unit or the display screen (getting harder to find), but there would be no guarantee it would fix the problem.

Another issue is connecting and disconnecting the battery (whilst undertaking the repair work) without following the battery disconnect / reconnect procedure - or shorting the electrics can also damage ECUs.

You could easily try the procedure to reset the BSI - just to eliminate any electrical glitches, but no guarantees.

BSI Reset / Battery Disconnect / Reconnect Procedure
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc