I bought diagbox...did I just waste 130£?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tredy
My Cars: C5 X7 3.0 V6 240 HDi

I bought diagbox...did I just waste 130£?

Post by tredy »

I needed to depressurize the suspension system so I decided to buy the diagnostic hardware hoping to be able to do more than just the previous job....well I'm very disappointed especially because I was looking for the option to unlock the driver door by pressing the remote button once and all the doors by pressing it twice (option present in the car manual but not in the car menu!) but apparently there is no such option in the diagbox, I also wanted to slow down the windshield wipers and disable the belt alarm but I found nothing, I really feel like I just wasted 130£ for this crap...can anybody tell me if those options are somewhere available? thanks!

diagbox version 7.83
doctle
My Cars: 2008 Laguna 1.5 DCi

Re: I bought diagbox...did I just waste 130£?

Post by doctle »

If you post your VIN (only mods can see it) they will be able to tell you exactly what your car has. That software is very powerful a few wrong clicks and you have a massive paperweight.
Oh buggle
tredy

Post by tredy »

VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

tredy wrote: 05 Feb 2020, 23:21 I needed to depressurize the suspension system so I decided to buy the diagnostic hardware hoping to be able to do more than just the previous job....well I'm very disappointed especially because I was looking for the option to unlock the driver door by pressing the remote button once and all the doors by pressing it twice (option present in the car manual but not in the car menu!) but apparently there is no such option in the diagbox, I also wanted to slow down the windshield wipers and disable the belt alarm but I found nothing, I really feel like I just wasted 130£ for this crap...can anybody tell me if those options are somewhere available? thanks!

diagbox version 7.83
I already have your VIN, but more importantly, I think you have a total misunderstanding of Diagbox and its purpose.

It is not a magic box of tricks that you can just pick an option and apply it! The options that are available on your car will already be set at the factory depending on equipment and trim. There are very few options that can be changed. But the important thing to understand it that it depends on the BSI fitted to the car and the software version and trim level. Some options are not available - an example 'Simple Central Locking' and 'Central Locking with Deadlocking'. Your car will have either one - but you cannot use Diagbox to activate an option that isn't there to start with - that is not the fault of the Diagnostic equipment.

To answer you points specifically:

1) The option to open the driver door or all doors with the plip is an option in the BSI (if available on your model) in your case the car has 'Simple Central Locking', not Central Deadlocking. To check, open the Menu on the dashboard using the Menu on the steering wheel. Go into the Comfort Options and see if you have any options for the Plip action: If it is not there then it is not available on your car and nothing to do with Diagbox.
Plip.PNG
2) There is no option and never has been an option to slow down the wipers. They already work at variable speeds - but otherwise leave it on manual intermittent mode.
3) There has never been an option to disable the Belt Alarm - by design.

If that is what you bought it for then you best return it. It is not a piece of crap, it is a very useful diagnostic device used to perform not only full PSA fault reading across all PSA vehicles, but also troubleshooting, various guided procedures, actuator tests, provides live data, resets Eolys additive, Bleed the brakes, decouple the electric handbrake, etc., etc.

If those were valid options and those options were fitted to your trim level on your X7, then you would be able to activate them - but they are not, so no good blaming the tools.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Just note that the handbook covers many versions of the car and not all cars are fitted with all the options.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

tredy wrote: 05 Feb 2020, 23:21 I needed to depressurize the suspension system so I decided to buy the diagnostic
You don’t actually need Lexia/Diagbox to do this either, it can be de pressurised manually with a spanner.
tredy

Post by tredy »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 06 Feb 2020, 00:20
To answer you points specifically:

1) The option to open the driver door or all doors with the plip is an option in the BSI (if available on your model) in your case the car has 'Simple Central Locking', not Central Deadlocking. To check, open the Menu on the dashboard using the Menu on the steering wheel. Go into the Comfort Options and see if you have any options for the Plip action: If it is not there then it is not available on your car and nothing to do with Diagbox.

2) There is no option and never has been an option to slow down the wipers. They already work at variable speeds - but otherwise leave it on manual intermittent mode.
3) There has never been an option to disable the Belt Alarm - by design.

If that is what you bought it for then you best return it. It is not a piece of crap, it is a very useful diagnostic device used to perform not only full PSA fault reading across all PSA vehicles, but also troubleshooting, various guided procedures, actuator tests, provides live data, resets Eolys additive, Bleed the brakes, decouple the electric handbrake, etc., etc.

If those were valid options and those options were fitted to your trim level on your X7, then you would be able to activate them - but they are not, so no good blaming the tools.
the plip option is not available on my car menu even though the manual says there is, I was wondering if it's possible to activate it via diagbox
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The option is in the BSI configuration (I advise extreme caution about what you do here or you could brick your vehicle and stop it operating)!, Specifically, the option is:

'When Actioning unlocking by high frequency remote control'

Possible options are:
  • Simultaneous Unlocking of all the Doors - Vehicle with normal unlocking.
  • Unlocking of Driver's Door Only - Vehicle with deadlocking.
As I mentioned in my previous post, your VIN states your don't have the Deadlocking option on your vehicle, so that is why this feature may not be showing in the dash menu. If you did activate it in the BSI - and the option is not there, you may stuff up your locking.

I strongly suggest you also read the warnings here in the diagnostics section about configuration changes:

viewtopic.php?t=60600
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc