Going to do my clutch C3 MK2 2011, tips?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ultra2extreme
My Cars: C3 II HDi 2011

Re: Going to do my clutch C3 MK2 2011, tips?

Post by ultra2extreme »

Help, got gearbox back on, the little flap that the slave depresses to release the clutch, should that feel springy with the box done back up? it moves quite freely and im 90% sure bearing was on properly and stayed on but it just feels lose by hand is it just that i cant really apply the force or is something (-expletive removed-)?

FYI clutch kit i used is the transmech kit number 641735421 pretty sure its compatible looked the same
ultra2extreme

Post by ultra2extreme »

Ive reassembled back up to drive shafts in, i thought maybe i could test popping it in gear (not starting it) to see if turning the wheels would turn the engine hence the clutch being engaged. However in gear the wheels still turn as if in neutral. Does this mean im knackered and have to take apart?
ksanturion10
My Cars: Xantia Estate X1 1.8i, 16v

Post by ksanturion10 »

8-) If both wheels are in the air, and even when a gear is engaged, turning one wheel to any direction will make the other one turn in the opposite direction viewing from the wheel you are turning. If for example you let only one front wheel in the air and the other is over the ground, then you could start the engine in neutral, engage a gear, and gently releasing the clutch will make the lifted wheel start turning, so you can check that everything is running OK - same for the opposite one. Common differentials are made in this way, so you are probably OK with the repair =D>

P.S.: if your breaks are prone to binding without activating them, best would be to skip the one wheel in the air with the engine running tip, as the car may fall down from its stand if there is no hand brake applied or choking of the rear wheels!
Only himself the stupid makes wrong, many are being confused by the clever :P
ultra2extreme

Post by ultra2extreme »

ksanturion10 wrote: 02 Feb 2020, 00:48 8-) If both wheels are in the air, and even when a gear is engaged, turning one wheel to any direction will make the other one turn in the opposite direction viewing from the wheel you are turning. If for example you let only one front wheel in the air and the other is over the ground, then you could start the engine in neutral, engage a gear, and gently releasing the clutch will make the lifted wheel start turning, so you can check that everything is running OK - same for the opposite one. Common differentials are made in this way, so you are probably OK with the repair =D>

P.S.: if your breaks are prone to binding without activating them, best would be to skip the one wheel in the air with the engine running tip, as the car may fall down from its stand if there is no hand brake applied or choking of the rear wheels!
Top man! i didnt know this, have lowered car, started and driven it! think theres still a loose nut or 2 in the suspension somewhere and there was a (non mechanical) clunk or 2 on test drive but clutch is perfect!

Thanks all for the help!