Actia Problem

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jumper93
My Cars: 2010 2.2 120cv Citroen Jumper
1977 Renault 4L

Actia Problem

Post by Jumper93 »

Hello, I'm trying to install Diagbox v.7.855 on my laptop with windows 10 64bit.
I've bougth this version from easydiagnostic and the programm works (on a virtual machine with windows xp) but I can not connect the actia device because windows 10 doesn't recognize it. (attached a photo with the message shown by windows)
The Actia device is a copy, not the original one. It works in my other pc with windows 7, but that pc is too slow.
Is there any chance to download a driver for windows 10?
Thank you.
Jumper93
1977 Renault 4L

Re: Actia Problem

Post by Jumper93 »

617B5B1E-8C5A-4268-B370-87056B720D9E.jpeg
21E4AF4B-E71D-4CE2-B01A-04B574E42096.jpeg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Not recommended and why it’s best avoided on Windows 10 64 because of the driver issue.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Jumper93
1977 Renault 4L

Post by Jumper93 »

Ok, thank you.
Tracula
My Cars: Bipper Tepee
Disco2
Volvo S80
Defender 110(Ex Military)
London Taxi TX2
Kubota Tractor S108

Post by Tracula »

Hi jumper,

I got round both your problems, speed of Windoze 7 and compatibility of Dimdoze 10, by downloading AOMEI(free version) and using ‘Windows to go’ to install a bootable copy of Windoze 7 32bit on a USB stick (32Gig - £10 at Tesco). This takes up about half the room once all of the Diagbox updates are installed.
Dimdoze 10 will also do this but you end up with a copy that defers to the main Operating System of the computer used, so can fall over in Diagbox.

There are places to download AOMEI without registering, if that makes any difference to you.

Using this bootable USB stick go through the installation of win 7 32bit. You can either use windows with a key, or a trial version that will stop after a month.
Either way, it doesn’t interfere with your Operating system unless you tell it to. By default it doesn’t enable virtual memory, so for speed and stability reasons change in advanced settings virtual memory to point to a hard disk. Win7 SP1 has net-framework 3.51 as standard. Earlier versions need this installed, and now that Microshaft has stopped supporting Win 7 this may be a problem.

Obviously you need to change the BIOS boot order to USB flash drive no 1. That way if the USB stick is inserted your laptop will boot to Win7 32bit. If not, it will boot to Win 10. No boot programs or options needed.

Slightly slower than a hard disk install, but, if the laptop has USB3 available hardly any speed difference :)
Jumper93
1977 Renault 4L

Post by Jumper93 »

Tracula wrote: 28 Jan 2020, 17:36 Hi jumper,

I got round both your problems, speed of Windoze 7 and compatibility of Dimdoze 10, by downloading AOMEI(free version) and using ‘Windows to go’ to install a bootable copy of Windoze 7 32bit on a USB stick (32Gig - £10 at Tesco). This takes up about half the room once all of the Diagbox updates are installed.
Dimdoze 10 will also do this but you end up with a copy that defers to the main Operating System of the computer used, so can fall over in Diagbox.

There are places to download AOMEI without registering, if that makes any difference to you.

Using this bootable USB stick go through the installation of win 7 32bit. You can either use windows with a key, or a trial version that will stop after a month.
Either way, it doesn’t interfere with your Operating system unless you tell it to. By default it doesn’t enable virtual memory, so for speed and stability reasons change in advanced settings virtual memory to point to a hard disk. Win7 SP1 has net-framework 3.51 as standard. Earlier versions need this installed, and now that Microshaft has stopped supporting Win 7 this may be a problem.

Obviously you need to change the BIOS boot order to USB flash drive no 1. That way if the USB stick is inserted your laptop will boot to Win7 32bit. If not, it will boot to Win 10. No boot programs or options needed.

Slightly slower than a hard disk install, but, if the laptop has USB3 available hardly any speed difference :)
Thank you, I will try and let see if I can finally code the other 2 injectors.