Citroen Xantia x2 wiring for alarm installation , help.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Nick Orfanidis
My Cars: Citroen Xantia X2 (1.8i)

Citroen Xantia x2 wiring for alarm installation , help.

Post by Nick Orfanidis »

Hello everyone!
I have the alarm from my previous car, and I'm planning to install it to my Xantia X2.
I have to find some cables, and I need some help, from someone who has done it before. I need to find:
Door unlock command cable
Door lock command cable
Open door switch cable
Left indicator cable (incar)
Right indicator cable (incar)

If someone knows if there are any of these, close to the inside fusebox, just let me know. I prefer , not make too much cable extensions, especially from the door. So, in order to avoid unpleasant experiments, I ask for any information from anyone who has knowledge. Any directional photos will be appreciated!
Thank you in advance!!!!!
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Citroen Xantia x2 wiring for alarm installation , help.

Post by wheeler »

If this is a mk 2 (you said X2 so im not sure) i would think you should be able to get all of the above at the CPH unit behind the passengers glovebox (assuming RHD).
EDIT: just noticed you are in greece so not sure where the CPH is located on a LHD model.
Nick Orfanidis

Post by Nick Orfanidis »

Thank you for your reply! Yes it's a mk 2. What is a cph? Is there a wiring diagram for cph ?
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

The CPH is a body control module, on the mk2 Xantia it controls Interior lighting, immobiliser, central locking, alarm & probably a few other things so would most likely have everything you need there.
There wont be a specific diagram for the CPH, you would need the diagram for each relevant system to see how it connects to the CPH.
Once you locate the CPH you should be able to identify your connection points easily with a test lamp.
Its been a long time since I dine an alarm install on a Xantia but from memory it uses a negative pulse central locking trigger.
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

I don't currently have access to LHD Xantia diagrams (although for a series 2 they may be on the docbackup disks).

These are the diagrams for a RHD S2 Xantia with a factory fitted alarm. The alarm control is mostly inside the CPH (item 8630 on the diagrams), but the volumetric sensors (where present) are handled by a separate ECU (8602).

Your car will have a CPH, but it may not be programmed with the alarm functions, and your wiring harnesses may not have all the wires present for the alarm function. Where present, the wire numbers should all match your car.
I expect (but am not sure) that for a LHD Xantia, the CPH is behind the glove box on the passenger side of the car

http://eastment.net/XanWD/mk2almcct.jpg

http://eastment.net/XanWD/mk2almhar.jpg

http://eastment.net/XanWD/mk2almloc.jpg
Nick Orfanidis

Post by Nick Orfanidis »

Thank you for advices.
The CPH unit may not be very safe - usefull to connect the aftermarket alarm system. I've read the schematics , and I'm a little bit confused...
I think the better thing to do, is contact with the alarm company service, and , hopefully, they will have the connection diagram for every car....
Besides that, they will tell me how make the convertion for the negative pulse signals (this alarm works with the negative pulse signal , but I have to open the alarm box and change the position to some jumpers).
After that , and having the diagram for the connection in the specific car, I'll install it somewhere under the dashboard close to the driver's feet.
Unfortunately , I don't have the alarm manual (the alarm was installed to my previous car by the store I bought the alarm). I've tried to search it to the net, but no luck....
137212525_2797095057274294_2063853325320775223_n.jpg