C3 timing belt

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

shockwaves

C3 timing belt

Post by shockwaves »

Hiya, i have a quick question that I haven't been able to find the answer to yet, I hope you can help 😁

I'm looking at purchasing a 2010 C3 1.6 vti exclusive automatic for my partner. It's done about 75k, but before I go to view it etc, if like to know if it is a belt or a chain driven car?

And also what are the recommended intervals for getting these inspected/changed please?

I hope I get it but I don't want to buy it and find out that it should hedge been done and hasn't

Cheers! 😁
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: C3 timing belt

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No use with out a registration or VIN - there are different models with different engines so would need to know this basic info for a start.

EP6C and EP3C engines have timing chains
TU1AE5, DV4C, TU3AE5, TU3A, EB2, EB0, DV6TEDM, DV6C, DV6ATED4, DV4TD & DV6ETEDM engines have timing belts.

If you can pop up the reg or the VIN (auto masked) I will be able to confirm for you what it has. :)
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
shockwaves

Post by shockwaves »

No problem, reg is ******** 😁
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 13 Jan 2020, 10:38, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Masked Reg.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so this is a C3 (A51) 5 DOOR SALOON 1.6 VTi 16v 120 (EP6C) 4-SPEED AUTOMATIC GEARBOX.

So this has a timing chain - they don't need replacing unless mechanically faulty. It also has the proper AL4 fully automatic gearbox, not the piloted manual, which if you wanted an Auto is a much better option.

Marc
shockwaves

Post by shockwaves »

Perfect, thank you very much for the info! Yes my partner can only drive automatics, not a massive fan of them myself but hey ho lol
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No worries - if it helps I can send you the full specs of the car through via email - let me know it. :wink:

Marc
shockwaves

Post by shockwaves »

That would be great cheers, my email is

If you have it as well is there a guide or list of what should have been done on its services as well?
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 13 Jan 2020, 10:48, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Email removed for security
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I already have access to your email, so removed it from the public forum for your protection (spammers).

I can't tell you the service history as that will depend on where the car was serviced. If it has been fully Citroen serviced from new, then they will have a record of the services carried out, which they may be able to confirm for you. Obviously, if it has been serviced by a non-dealer, then there won't be any electronic records, but it may have some invoices of work done bundled in the documentation.

Marc
shockwaves

Post by shockwaves »

Ah right ok lol, but yeah if you could send me the full specs of the car that would be brilliant for me to mull over then 😁
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

All sent - check your email.

Marc