This section is for General Enquiries or for Systems not Covered Above

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

Med_tech3
My Cars: Citroen C3 1.6 Auto
Peugeot 207 1.4 hdi

Factory fitted radio bluetooth/aux in issue

Post by Med_tech3 »

Hi.

I have a weird and annoying problem with my radio on my Peugeot 207. It happens randomly but is happening more often now.
The issue is when I start the car the radio doesn't always connect to my phone. The bluetooth seems to be disabled and also I cannot select the aux in either. I can only select the radio or cd. I can change channels on the radio and use the cd. Turning off the ignition and restarting the car does not cure it. The next time I use the car the bluetooth and aux in is working and selectable. I can stop the engine and restart it and it is a lottery if the bluetooth works or not.

Has anyone else got this problem? I am assuming it is a fault with the radio. Apart from replacing the radio is there anything else I can do?

Thanks

Simon
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Factory fitted radio bluetooth/aux in issue

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi Simon

Have you updated your mobile phone software recently? This can sometimes cause an issue with the Bluetooth.

A couple of things to try:

1) Unpair any Mobiles from the RD4 / Hands Free Kit and your Phone and make sure youhave nothing attached to the AUX input or USB where fitted.
2) Do a BSI Reset following this guide: BSI Reset / Battery Disconnect / Reconnect Procedure Make sure you follow the timings and keep the doors closed.
3) After the procedure, you may need to adjust the Audio preferences again / date / time etc.
4) While the Reset is taking place, I also suggest you reboot your mobile to clear out any glitches.
5) Pair your mobile to the RD4 / Hands Free kit.
6) Be aware synchronisation between the hands free kit and the phone can also take a while after resetting.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Med_tech3
My Cars: Citroen C3 1.6 Auto
Peugeot 207 1.4 hdi

Re: Factory fitted radio bluetooth/aux in issue

Post by Med_tech3 »

Thanks Marc. I will give a reset a go.