long list of questions

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Haych
(Donor 2019)
My Cars: C5 2.0 hdi exclusive 2010

long list of questions

Post by Haych »

Finally in a position to start getting ready to repair my C5 X7 2010.

Apparently i need a computer with windows 7. As my computer has windows 10 installed is it possible to use this laptop to also install windows 7? Or am i just asking the impossible?

Marc read your sticky on BATTERY disconnecting, seems all about the keyless models. So for mine do i have issues if i just remove the battery? or is there a procedure for this model? PS what is the BSI acronym stand for?

Received my new blower control module for the the assumed repair for my constantly high speed blower. i would like to do voltage and current checks before i fit to be sure , so any advice?

Concerned about safety on jacking this car up with this air suspension what is the safest way to do this and stop it from deflating while you work on the car?

Also need to look into the failure of the rear switch that supposed to lower the boot height for ease of loading, and does nothing on my car?

delay when ignition switched off before engine responds?

Drop links are another check area , are they easy to change?

general question , i cannot find how to open or close the t gate from drivers seat with key in the ignition , is this possible as it would be useful?

thats it for now, i will feed back with pictures if i can with my progress
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: long list of questions

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Apparently i need a computer with windows 7. As my computer has windows 10 installed is it possible to use this laptop to also install windows 7? Or am i just asking the impossible?
For what? What are you intending to install - you haven't mentioned what software you want to install.
Marc read your sticky on BATTERY disconnecting, seems all about the keyless models. So for mine do i have issues if i just remove the battery? or is there a procedure for this model? PS what is the BSI acronym stand for?
It's for both - read it through from the beginning - I have added bits in specifically for keyless models - where that doesn't apply, just follow on the normal procedure. If you have a battery in the rear of the tailgate compartment (v6 models of the X7), let me know - I keep forgetting to update that section.

BSI = Built in Systems Interface. It is the master computer in the vehicle that links to all the other 20+ ECUs in the vehicle and issues instructions / manages information flow.

Received my new blower control module for the the assumed repair for my constantly high speed blower. i would like to do voltage and current checks before i fit to be sure , so any advice?
99.9% it will b e the Blower Control Module if the blower motor is stuck on all or nothing
Concerned about safety on jacking this car up with this air suspension what is the safest way to do this and stop it from deflating while you work on the car?
No Air! Only hydraulics - but always make sure you have the vehicle independently supported befiore going underneath it. Use some Axle stands if you don't have access to a post lift. Chock the front wheels for a C5 X7 if jacking the rear as the handbrake operates on the rear brake calipers.
Also need to look into the failure of the rear switch that supposed to lower the boot height for ease of loading, and does nothing on my car?
I'll look at the wiring for this when I get a minute...
delay when ignition switched off before engine responds?
Check for fault codes and report back.
Easy enough - but I leave mine to the local garage these days!
general question , i cannot find how to open or close the t gate from drivers seat with key in the ignition , is this possible as it would be useful?
There is no dedicated button, but you can use the middle button on the fob to open the tailgate with engine off - but you cannot close it with the same button - you need to do that by pressing one of the 2 buttons on the tailgate (inner switch or outside switch above number plate.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

Haych wrote: 06 Jan 2020, 19:13
Easy enough, but definitely use high quality ones. Genuine Citroen ones aren't that expensive if you trawl eBay for them. Do not go for bargain basement ones unless you are planning on selling the car within minutes of completing the job :wink:
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
Haych
(Donor 2019)

Post by Haych »

Q. Apparently i need a computer with windows 7. As my computer has windows 10 installed is it possible to use this laptop to also install windows 7? Or am i just asking the impossible?

Reply, i was in communication with easy diagnostics and i was advised the lexia works better with windows 7

Q. Marc read your sticky on BATTERY disconnecting, seems all about the keyless models. So for mine do i have issues if i just remove the battery? or is there a procedure for this model? PS what is the BSI acronym stand for?
It's for both - read it through from the beginning - I have added bits in specifically for keyless models - where that doesn't apply, just follow on the normal procedure. If you have a battery in the rear of the tailgate compartment (v6 models of the X7), let me know - I keep forgetting to update that section.

Reply; Sorry cannot find the sticky at moment doh.. thanks again for all help , {
(i don't think my car is V6 its only 160hp model)
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It’s always under the stickies in the Diagnostcs Forum:

viewtopic.php?t=61997

Ok, so it’s for Diagnostics. The installation is quite messy, and it is recommended to use a dedicated laptop for this purpose. If installing on Windows 10, make sure it’s a 32 bit version of the operating system, as that will provide a better chance of the drivers installing. But Windows 7 is preferred.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Haych
(Donor 2019)

Post by Haych »

Thanks Marc, just struggling at moment to find laptop on eBay under 100 quid , but no rush i suppose...
Michel
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Some cars and a motorbike

Post by Michel »

Haych wrote: 06 Jan 2020, 19:13
ALWAYS use axle stands or ramps. DO NOT go under a hydraulic Citroen without them. If anything untoward happens and the suspension collapses, you're dead. It's as simple as that. I don't think I can be clearer.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I agree with what Michel says. What could help you to understand that is to (after making sure there is nothing underneath, like a cat!) drop the suspension to its lowest setting, and then (once she has stopped moving) take a look at how little gap there now is.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

IF you are jacking the car onto axle stands....ALWAYS set the suspension into High-Mode.
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting