xsara picasso wandering

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

john
My Cars:

xsara picasso wandering

Post by john »

under moderate acceleration the car pulls to the right, the steering wheel doesnt move (well, a tiny amount but not as much as it should for the angle it goes off at)

when accelerating when turning right the car again veers even more to the right, when turning left its all fine

when going over the crest of a hill the car moves left to right almost like its sliding

on a certain patch of road on the way home from work, its straight but the car is moving left to right to the point that i was almost in the fast lane, the road isn't slippery, i know this because everyone else if fine as so is my other car on the same section of road

im guessing either a mount or suspension component? anyone offer any idea's where to start?

thanks
Citroen Xsara Picasso
Subaru Impreza WRX
Nissan Primastar
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: xsara picasso wandering

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I'd seriously be checking my driveshafts - don't leave it. I had one go on my MK I C5 - that was dealer serviced from new - no expense spared and yet I felt something wasn't right one morning - a drifting sort of feeling - I booked it in and en route to the garage, the steering felt really strange, pulling to one direction, then very light, and basically one of the the driveshafts was completely shot. The car veered to one direction and I managed to pull in to a layby. Had to get it towed to the garage as the driveshaft had come away and the wheel was loose!

Not saying this is what has happened - it could be tracking - but do get it checked out.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
john
My Cars:

Re: xsara picasso wandering

Post by john »

so had a look today, the drivers side CV boot is split badly and the passenger side has grease over it (cant see a split thought :? )

the drivers side wheel has some play top-to-bottom and left to right (less so)

so looking like its may not be a single component :shock:
Citroen Xsara Picasso
Subaru Impreza WRX
Nissan Primastar