What years does DIAGBOX V7.83 cover

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.
fotobright
Posts: 143
Joined: 15 Oct 2011, 19:59

What years does DIAGBOX V7.83 cover

Unread post by fotobright »

Hi

I have Diagbox installed up to V7.83. Just wondering what is the most recent car year that version goes up to. Been a while since I used it, I think the disks that came with it have later revisions but they were less reliable to install as I remember?

Thanks
Peugoet 308 SW HDI 1.6 Live*
Peugoet 207 SW Hdi 1.6
C5 2.2L HDi 16v estate (01)
Xsara Hdi 90 estate
Xantia 1.9TD estate, (veg oil)
Zx 1.9TD hatchback
Zx 1.9D hatchback
User avatar
GiveMeABreak
(Donor 2016)
Posts: 41989
Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
x 6957

Re: What years does DIAGBOX V7.83 cover

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

For what model vehicle and year specifically?

7.58 already covers vehicles up to late 2014. Absolutely no point in going to a version more than necessary as the firmware gets updated on the VCI that can cause problems with older vehicles. In addition, features on later versions from 7.65 are actually removed - as PSA start moving more features to online telecoding - that you won't be able to access. 'Upgrading' is not always the correct thing to do in this case.....

7.80 goes to about late 2015 and that's when I stopped updating the logs.
Please note, I'm no longer active on the Forum, so won't respond to messages.

Marc
fotobright
Posts: 143
Joined: 15 Oct 2011, 19:59

Re: What years does DIAGBOX V7.83 cover

Unread post by fotobright »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 10 Dec 2019, 13:02 For what model vehicle and year specifically?

7.58 already covers vehicles up to late 2014. Absolutely no point in going to a version more than necessary as the firmware gets updated on the VCI that can cause problems with older vehicles. In addition, features on later versions from 7.65 are actually removed - as PSA start moving more features to online telecoding - that you won't be able to access. 'Upgrading' is not always the correct thing to do in this case.....

7.80 goes to about late 2015 and that's when I stopped updating the logs.
Thanks for the info, most comprehensive!
Certainly works on my 2009 plate Peugeot 207 good to know its good for the next likely PSA wheelz
Peugoet 308 SW HDI 1.6 Live*
Peugoet 207 SW Hdi 1.6
C5 2.2L HDi 16v estate (01)
Xsara Hdi 90 estate
Xantia 1.9TD estate, (veg oil)
Zx 1.9TD hatchback
Zx 1.9D hatchback