Strange Antic....

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
User avatar
Doo
(Donor 2022)
Posts: 490
Joined: 09 Sep 2019, 16:53
x 121

Strange Antic....

Unread post by Doo »

Hi all, sorry for the long absence, life keeps kicking me in the teeth :roll:

Wife went away for a week and I started her car yesterday to go get the puncture repaired (her car has had more punctures since she's owned it than every car I have ever owned :shock: ) and was met with an unusual response.

It started 1st time, as always, but then as I went to move off it was as if the clutch was being operated by a moron pressing the pedal up down up down up down.... :? So I pressed the brake pedal (remember this car has the auto clutch) and the engine died :shock:

I put it in N and started the engine again, only to be met with a slightly sluggish turn over. However, once the engine caught it ran like on one cylinder and I had to keep my foot all the way down just to get it to keep running, albeit sounding like a mad Kubota diesel.

I had to do this for around 90 seconds before it came on all cylinders, but only by revving it. After a few moments at ran & drove normally. All this time there was no warning lamps at any stage, making me wonder exactly what this little episode was :?:

I thought battery, but then it's been perfectly behaved even in -2 recently and this time it was +5C so not exactly warm, but it only sat overnight.

And usually, a battery issue will flag up strange issues like ABS, ESP, CC and so on...

Anyone had this? I could code read it, but I'm not convinced there was one generated :|
Has anyone seen the plot? :?
Activa TCT
New User
Posts: 26
Joined: 16 Dec 2019, 20:16
x 2

Re: Strange Antic....

Unread post by Activa TCT »

Pour fresh fuel and check oil. Might give it a go at highway. If it starts, it's not the battery, might be glow or spark plugs or injectors.
Cold just shows these issues faster.
Michel

Re: Strange Antic....

Unread post by Michel »

Probably just got very cold after standing for a while. I'd not worry too much unless it starts doing it more often.
Activa TCT
New User
Posts: 26
Joined: 16 Dec 2019, 20:16
x 2

Re: Strange Antic....

Unread post by Activa TCT »

It really shouldn't be doing that, unless it has a lot of miles on it