New to Pugs

This unit is the RT4 and RT5 system and is made by Magneti Marelli
Main differences between RT4 & RT5 - RT5 has Bluetooth Hands Free, faster Navigation calculation and on C4 & C4 Picasso only, USB ports and a High-Res screen.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

Tiago407sw16hdi
My Cars: 2008 407 SW 1.6 HDI

New to Pugs

Post by Tiago407sw16hdi »

2008 407 SW 1.6 HDI

Hello
I have a pug for the past 4 months and i am loving it. Very confortable amazing mpg, and not that expensive to fix. I have replaced all the injector seals, new disks and brakes both front cv joins 4 drop links several oil changes to clean the engine filters etc etc. My turbo wistles a bit (the chaft moves up and down but less than a mm, but no movement back and forward( i already have a cartridge just in case)) i have replaced and the brake fluid, power sterring fluid. Next month time belt and auxiliar belt plus all tensioners will be replaced. I guess the car is lovely to invest on it.
Any other advices for things to look for and pay atention to ??

But this is my main problem.....

My system is the RT3ev...that they say its the RT4 (mine has the hdd) . So i wanted to update the gps....( my version is 7.10C-16 (I think its this..forgive me if its not)) I have heard so many things that i dont know what is right or wrong. I also bought on the french ebay the cable to connect on the back so i can have USB in put (i dont know how to do it either).
I have Diagbox and the interface, all that. I dont know how to activate the usb ( i read i can then have music form the a usb flash and its easier to update maps etc) and i dont know how to update the maps or the firmware.
I know its a lot to ask...but can anyone explain, point me, to the right thing...

So sorry for a very long first post.

MANY THANKS TO ALL
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: New to Pugs

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I have moved this to the telematics section - can you post up your VIN so we do know exactly what you do have.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: New to Pugs

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Hello, and :welc: to the forum. It is safe to post the VIN on a thread, as the software will automatically obscure it so only Forum staff can read it.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!