P0402 and oil pressure fault HELP PLEASE

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Benscab123
My Cars: 2010 C4 grand Picasso 1.6 hdi
2008 Renault grand scenic 1.9d

P0402 and oil pressure fault HELP PLEASE

Post by Benscab123 »

Driving to the airport this morning I noticed the car performing a little crappy (lacking acceleration). Short while later eml came on so I stopped and plugged my code reader in and the fault was p0402 EGR excessive flow (I already had p0401 insufficient flow and p0100 mass air flow faults recurring). Cleared the fault and carried on driving. A few more miles down the road and the eml comes on again, same fault, cleared it again and started the car but immediately got a warning to stop due to oil pressure warning. Could all this be anything to do with a fault maf sensor ? Or is it something else ?
Any help much appreciated guys. Currently awaiting recovery...................... AGAIN. !
Thank you.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: P0402 and oil pressure fault HELP PLEASE

Post by RichardW »

Oh dear, that's not good.... the low oil pressure is almost certainly due to the oil pick up in the sump being blocked up. If you haven't driven it, then this is fairly easily rectified by dropping the sump, taking the oil pick up off, and ripping the strainer out of it. Increase the frequency of the oil changes.... However, if you haven't removed the filter from the turbo oil supply banjo, then the turbo will probably eat itself in short order, so you need to do that as well. I would take off the air inlet and check for play in the turbo shaft - I rather suspect that you might find the turbo has lunched itself as well.....
Richard W
Benscab123

Post by Benscab123 »

I have noticed over the last few weeks that the turbo has had very thick carbon deposits around the centre to right side as you look at it from the front of the car. I’m about ready to give up on this piece of junk to be honest, it’s just one thing after another and every time I sort one thing out it seems to trigger something else.
Benscab123

Post by Benscab123 »

Another thing to note is that when I stopped the car after the oil pressure warning, there was oil on the ground underneath the car (to the right of centre) but not sure exactly where it came from yet.