DS5 Heater Blower stopped ?

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DSlover
My Cars: DS5 D Style
DS21 Pallas
MK111 C5 Exclusive Tourer Automatic

Re: DS5 Heater Blower stopped ?

Post by DSlover »

I see what you mean, radically different to DS5 unfortunately ..... best of luck, and as you say, for now you could bridge it temporarily .... or as long as it's feasible anyway !
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

I may implement the long mooted plan of a pushbutton somewhere to perform the bridging action!
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
Clan71k
My Cars: DS5 2.0 D-Style

Post by Clan71k »

Hello DS friends,
I to had the same issue with my 2012 2L DS heater controller unit where it started intermittent working, upon investigation it worked when I moved the electric connection block around, this worked for a while but would cut out after say 20 minutes of use-driving with the blow fan on, but the main concern was the main wire in the connection block would get extremely HOT up to where it was melting the outer insulation of said wire. I replaced the controller with a new unit and the fan now works perfect but the said wire is still getting extremely HOT. If my memory is correct it's yellow+green in color and is
the outer wire on the connection block. Did any other member on the forum experience this.
Hats of the you lad's and the forum for the most helpful work...! :)

Regards Karl.
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

Yellow/green means that it's an earth wire - i.e. it is bolted to the bodyshell somewhere. If it's getting hot then that either means that it's carrying more current than it was specified for or that there's a bad connection with high resistance.

A bad connection is most likely and it'll be hottest at this point (whereas an underspecified wire will be hot along all its length) so that will help to locate exactly where you need to look. And then rectify the problem somehow!
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​