Citroen 308 Cinquecento Grandland X Voyager

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Richard_C
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue Hdi 120 Manual Excl+ 2016
C3 1.2 Puretech 110 Auto Flair 2017

Citroen 308 Cinquecento Grandland X Voyager

Post by Richard_C »

Or something like it.

PSA were rebuffed by Renault but have now announced merger with Fiat Chrysler. Gives them a US presence which they haven't really had so far. That means we will have common ownership (and presumably product strategy) of Peugeot, Citroen, DS, Vauxhall, Opel, Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Maserati, Lancia, Chrysler, Dodge, RAM, Jeep and maybe some I've forgotten.

Maybe right now someone in product planning is thinking "if we had a big Citroen floorpan we could pop a Maserati engine in, wouldn't that be a great thing......"

Its a bit of an odd mix. Think VAG: clearly defined public perception of the brands with a "mass market posh" Audi at the top. I wonder what direction PSA will go in, seems to have lots of overlaps especially in the UK. surely you wouldn't want to have the 106/C1, Adam and Fiat Panda competing for market share, or Tipo/308/Astra in the same space unless they are all the same underneath. I wonder which brands and dealer networks will still be here in 5 years time.
Richard_C

Current: , C4 Picasso 120 BlueHdi, C3 1.2 Auto
Past Citroens: Dyane (x2), 2CV, Visa, BX (x2), Xantia, Xsara Picasso, C3 (x2) C5 X7 Tourer, Synergie 1.9TD, C1
Others: Hillman Hunter, Cortina Mk 1, Maxi, VW Type 2, Granada, SAAB 900, SAAB 9-5, R5 Gordini
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Re: Citroen 308 Cinquecento Grandland X Voyager

Post by Stickyfinger »

French Leyland ?
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
NewcastleFalcon

Re: Citroen 308 Cinquecento Grandland X Voyager

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

The French Government still have a stake in PSA, and obviously are very French-centric. They are reported as unlikely to interfere in the merger.

Fiat Chrysler-Peugeot merger plans unlikely to face interference from French government

I imagine their "interference" is probably on hold pending whether Carlos Tavares' synergies (cost cutting) for a worldwide car company don't disadvantage the French in any way shape or form. I imagine the Italians might get a bit agitated if their FIAT, Alfa Romeo and Lancia marques get rationalised into the FIAT 500 and nothing else :-D

REgards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey